Sexual Harassment

by LittleToe 163 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    The thread truly is conceived from a desire to know how people feel about it. I'm really pleased about some of the discussion that it's sparked. I think this is valuable stuff, especially for those who are in the pendulum period of having become "unwired" from the borg.

Ross......I'm so glad that I didn't offend you! Although, I couldn't imagine how what I said would, I was worried that I'd somehow managed it! Sometimes I rush in where angels absolutely fear to tread. I kept checking in to see if you had replied. LOL........it figures that you are doing your bit of healing/therapy for the benefit of others, and I just want you to know how Sagittarian that is!!! LOL! I'm sure you do know how to handle yourself. Anyone who has the........ahem........cojones to wear a kilt should. Also you did mention you've been a waiter, and dealt with situations in that capacity. As far as my own situation, I have no shame in sharing. I figure if my life experiences can help others, something positive has come from going thru them. As one of my therapists used to say "life is a journey, not an event" and alot happens on that journey in life, and I don't like to label them good or bad anymore, they just are.

Smooches,

Terri

• ballistic
    ballistic

Ross,

Do people in countries where Kilt type of costume dress is not common or historical cause more problems like this, than in others?

I am curious if you think it makes any difference. I am sure you get more stares outside of Scotland. I hope that curiosity doesn't cause even more people to think they can cross personal boundaries.

Scots wear the kilt with pride and like the English, rarely care if anyone is staring.

Sorry - I realise that wasn't directed to me.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rabbit:We get just as much hastle from folks in our own country (though it's usually from maraudering rogues from South of the border ).

Terri:That works for me, too
    Besides, I rarely take offense. There's really not enough hours in the day, for that.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    We get just as much hastle from folks in our own country (though it's usually from maraudering rogues from South of the border ).

That's why I specified Scotland...we all know about the Brits & Irish, too.

"...Just as much hassle..." Well, that shot my theory of non-familiarity out-the-window !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit