JW email forward about the tsunami

by cyber-sista 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• anuva
    anuva

hi there .....

take it about tsunamis and relief efforts from the one who is in india this time ..........

there are releif camps in all places ...all churches and convent schools

and all the government offices , haven't heared of about ANY KINGDOM HALL YET ??!!

anuva- a student of truth

• justhuman
    justhuman

Jw's are THRILLED to see this kind of disasters!!! They are so exited to see people dying in order to support their doomsday cult theology.

But again the result of the tsunami concerning the WT it will be just like 9/11. They will get some more increase and after few years when things cool down, it will have the same effect like 9/11. Specially to this poor countries that people are not educated and can get traped in the WT propaganda regarding the end of the world.

It just SHAME to see that WT instead of helping the survivors of this tragedy, they will get an advantage to bring more people in the WT cult.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

In response to an earlier posting that claimed this email ws full of BS because the tsunamis hit at 630 am that stated " I can tell you right now that this is total BS. The wave hit at 6:30AM local time. There are NO meetings anywhere at 6:30 AM." Your statements are inaccurate. The precipitating earthquake struck Banda Aceh at 758 am local time according to the Jakarta Post (http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailweekly.asp?fileid=20041227.@01) However...

Phuket, THailand was hit by three waves: at 8 am, 10 a, and 1pm (http://www.bangkokpost.com/271204_News/27Dec2004_news01.php) The largest of these hit at 10 am (http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Friday/National/NST32193015.txt/Article/indexb_html)

The wave hit Sri Lanka at approx 930 am local time (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1228QuakeTrain28-ON.html)

Of course WItnesses around the world gather for meetings and service at between 9 am and 10 am. It is awful that the society implies htat witnesses will survive only if they are busy in spiritual activities. But the claim that many WItnesses were at the meeting, preparing for the meeting, or engaging in field service at the time of the tsunamis is accurate.

Before we accuse anyone of lying we should check the facts.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Jw's are THRILLED to see this kind of disasters!!!

Try as I might I just cant believe they are thrilled about this at all. There is a human side in each of us that steps outside of our cult personality in times like this.

Yes they are totally blinkered and cant see much further than their watchtower glasses allow them, but even the dimmest bulb has a spark of light somewhere, i'll bet a lot of them are grieving as much as anyone of us, specially those who are weak in the faith and think this is armageddon.

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie

Anuva, if you are in India at this time? our prayers and heartfelt thoughts are with you, wish we could get over there to help :(

Brummie

• new light
    new light

I don't know if this has been said already, but did you notice how only the JWs that were on vacation in the tourist section were killed, while none of the many local JWs were severely harmed? Sounds like complete BS, or else God really does hate it when people take a vacation.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

It's funny how witnesses always do this. It reminds of many years ago when a shool bus load of children was kidnapped in Chowchilla, CA. THe WT or Awake later had a small article about some witness children were scheduled to be on the bus, but they were at the Convention in Oakland instead. How glad they were to be doing Jehovah's will! uggh..crazy selfrighteousness is so disturbing.

Additionally...anyone that says that there are numeous local witnesses is mistaken. Ratios for these countries are as follows: (2003 figures)

one witness to:

India: 1 to 43008

Indonesia:1 to 12315

Sri Lanka: 1 to 4982

Thailand: 1 to 30200 To put that in perspective, even if 1 million people in the Phuket area are affected, at that ratio, it would only include about 30 witnesses.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I can see the headlines now - JW's First On The Scene, JW's- We Even Helped A NON JW, While The "World" Did Nothing, JW's Were Saving Millions! Etc Etc.

But when I was in a serious car wreck and lost EVERYTHING- not one JW even offered to help. If I could just get back all the $$$ I put in the box to help others!

This oughta be good...

u/d

• anuva
    anuva

brummie ,

i am working in india as in my job .

and fortunately or whatever i am situated in Northern part of country ...that is TOO faar from the southern tip that GOT to hit the worst of Tsunami .....

AND BTW for valiant boy....

dear friend , i do not know why would you trust that SITE for calculating the times when tsunamis HIT the indian coasts....

you kow it is approx 5:45 hours morning..when i t hit the indian coast.

and being the one living in india , the one who has seen CLOCKS littered in the rubble stopped the very instanst they were hit showing that , the people who were on morning walk that never ended.

i wonder why would the time be reported as per choice of WTS or anybody !! its a shame if anybody does that .

coasts os srilanka lie even before INDIA. anybody can guess why was death toll so high....high population density , and the timing to be caught , it was just as the day was starting up , most were just waking up .

i wish instead of brooding on the loss and calculating its future predictions, we should help , and

let's make life smile again no matter what comes, death shall have no dominion.

anuva

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Pierce I thought about responding to you, but really who cares. It doesn't matter what I say, now does it? You won't listen. You're mind is closed, you're not interested in any view other than your own. So why are you here exactly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit