JW email forward about the tsunami

by cyber-sista 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• prophecor
    prophecor

With the number of those who died in the tragedy being almost incalculable, due to those who may never be found, I think it the height of arrogance to assume the "See, we told you what could happen if you don't....", position.

Can it truly be reasonable to assume that there were no witness fatalities in a disaster of that magnitude? Be they in service or be they not, it would appear that the fear mongering stance of the WTS is playing their "Gotcha' Card" ! Sadder still is the fact that they would use it at a time of incredible tragedy and great suffering.

No Shame in their Game.

PhessedOUT

• Daunt
    Daunt

pierce. I'm still in the organization and will be for a little while longer. Sorry to say I don't quite believe in everything that the organization says but I can assure you that charitable funds don't just put donations in their pockets. They couldn't help the thousands of people that they are helping if they did.

• avishai
    avishai
    Is all of this website apostate?

Nope. It's true

I wouldn't trust giving my money to any wordly organization. It wouldn't get there, only in someone's back pocket
    Would you trust a society that covers it's butt and df's people who have been raped as kids for going to the authorities about it? A society that says the UN is the Great wild beast and religions that join it are the harlot, yet chooses to join the UN from 1991-2000 and only quits days after it is reported in a newspaper? Well, that's the org. you are giving your money to. It makes a billion a year in the US alone. Where does that money go? Could'nt they give some of that to the people over there?
  • cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Yes, sorry pierce--maybe you don't know where you are.

I happen to know people who are volunteers for the red cross and other community organizations who indeed are there when you need them. The red cross--unicef and many of you would call "worldly" organizations are the ones who would be there if you were ever in need of disaster assistance. There are large organizations who are capable of handling disasters of this sort. The WT does not have the resources nor the manpower to help out on disasters of this magnitude. Despite of what you have heard the WT is just one small drop in the bucket when it comes to disaster relief.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

A small comment to Pierce-Crystal - we used to give money to our local congregation for disabled access - a fund was set up by brothers and sisters for a chairlift as our hall was on the first floor with no access for ones in wheelchairs. but the elders decided to change the fund to a "special needs" fund, against the Charity Laws I believe - we never did get access for the disabled......your money would be safer with a recognised charity.

I too heard that it was 7am when the tsunami hit and was probably not much later when it hit India, I didn't think they had meetings or field service so early in the day!

twink

• pierce_crystal
    pierce_crystal

Thanks for answering my question!! Apostate all the way.

Do you know these people who have been "raped and disfellowshipped" personally? Were you there? Every story has 2 sides to it. I would suggest you not put your nose where it doesn't belong....in other peoples business where you don't know anything about the situation. This is how rumors get started when people talk like this and they have no clue about what they are talking about.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Do you know these people who have been "raped and disfellowshipped" personally?

Yes. Would you like for me to put you in contact with her?

• pierce_crystal
    pierce_crystal

Why do you even bother staying a little while longer? It's not going to save you.

And I have experienced it off hand about the money not getting to people!!

• unbeliever
  • avishai
    avishai
    Do you know these people who have been "raped and disfellowshipped" personally? Were you there? Every story has 2 sides to it. I would suggest you not put your nose where it doesn't belong....in other peoples business where you don't know anything about the situation. This is how rumors get started when people talk like this and they have no clue about what they are talking about.

Yes.

My brother was raped at 4 by another JW. My mother and I were told to be quiet about it or we'd be df'd/da'd for taking it to the authorities or even getting treatment for my brother. The same man tried to rape me. My brother woke up screaming for years. I was there and heard Steve Cuda say "We keep these things quiet" Any more questions? I'll answer them. I'd suggest, however tha you take a kinder, more christlike tone, lest you stumble others

i DO have a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit