by cyber-sista 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• roybatty
    roybatty
    there is, however, a fascinating article about our friend the ostrich:

lol

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    there is, however, a fascinating article about our friend the ostrich:

Hey, Candidlynuts, did you hear that? You're in the WT!

Hugs

Bren

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

There's that love amongst (ONLY) themselves again. God didn't say to discriminate.

• little1
    little1

I thought Candy was a hedgehog. Am I wrong?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Elsewhere - is this the scipture u had in mind?

That YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5:45-48 NWT

Jeff

• pratt1
    pratt1

It's a damn shame that even in the face of a tragdey the DUB's feel they need to state that because of going out in field service or attending a meeting lives were saved. Does this mean that if you are sick and stayed home it would have been okay for you to die?

It's a scare tactic, used to keep the flock in check.

Why not just say that if you don't go out in field service or attend meetings you will die.

Opps, I forgot. They do that everyday of the week.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    Hey, Candidlynuts, did you hear that? You're in the WT!

Hugs

Bren

hmmph..i'm an EMU..the ostrich isnt as evolved as i am lol.. little1.. a HEDGEHOG? lmao

as to this topic... many special interest groups have sent out emails letting people know what they know of their members and how specifically that group is affected. i dont see anything unusual in witnesses emailing info about witnesses potentially affected. i've seen a similar lutheran message , letting people know of the status of their members in the areas.

this event is getting bigger by the day. its actually (by some reports) opened a rift 1000 miles long in the ocean, also (by some reports) knocked the earths axis out of whack to the point that days will be a couple of seconds shorter. how will these things affect us all globaly? only time will tell but its becoming obvious that this is a global event.

the number of deaths and the fears of more deaths by disease are frightening . whats heartening is to see all the reports of the generosity of people in general and their desire to help. coca cola and pepsi for instance , in addition to their monetary assistance they've also shipped massive amounts of bottled water to the affected areas. i applaud the large corporations for stepping up to the plate.

• Sassy
    Sassy

somehow that mail did not surprise me. that is one of the sly ways they use by taking a natural disaster and then using that fear men have of being in one and then trying to put a spin on it that if you are't a JW you have no protection.... if you aren't at meetings or service you aren't protected. I honestly thought when i quit (since I did not at first quit because of doubts) that the world of hell and pain would fall on my once I made that choice for all that protection I had once had would now be gone... so who do I think now for the times I have been spared from harm????> and... you know they use every disaster as an excellent presentation to have for field service and the signs of the times

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

pierce,

I was one that was disfellowshipped for confessing a sin in my life. I could have very easily hidden it, but I needed help and the only way to do it was to tell the elders about what I did. But they had absolutely no mercy with me. They were very cruel to my family after I was DFed. My family had to move to another state and start their lives over.

I know you believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's True People. But even the Israelites (God's true people in the Old Testament) lost His favor. That's why Jehovah extended His Promise to the Gentiles. Isn't it possible that Jehovah's Witnesses have lost favor with God as well? There are too many sexual abuse cases that have been shoved under the carpet. Do you honestly think God would find favor in an organization that finds that acceptable?

Think about it.

Andi

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

It is very possible that few if any witnesses were killed. These areas have very few witnesses. Ratio of Witnesses to non witnesses in these areas is anywhere from 1 to 5000 to alll the way to 0ne to 70000.

And Pierce I have also known many who suffered unjustly at the hands of the Society. I personally did not suffer that much. There are many, many individual Witnesses that I admire and love, but hte Organization I have no respect or love for. Check out the silentlambs sight. It is amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit