JW email forward about the tsunami

by cyber-sista 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brummie
    Brummie

Anuva, that was a great post, all of it, including the reply to valiant. thx.

Brummie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5:45-48 NWT

Jeff, that's it! Thanks!

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

First off, my sources are very legitimate sources. The Associate Press is perhaps the most trusted news agency in the world.. Independant of the WTS, etc.

Secondly, you are failing to consider time zone differences. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands (part of India) were hit by the tsunami just minutes after the earthquake. Their time zone is the same as the rest of India, even though they are farther east in the Indian Ocean. Thus, they were inded hit early in the morning (before 6 am), well before service or meetings. As for Thailand, it sits to the east...in a time zone that is one hour ahead. The tsunami did not hit there until over 90 minutes after the earthquake...which places it hitting between 9 and 10 am. Sri Lanka is also in a different time zone. The tsunami did not reach Galle, Sri Lanka until 2 hours after the precipatory earthquake. Even with the time difference, it struck at about 900 am as the associated press reported.

Once more, it is dispicable that the Society uses these disasters as a time to put fear into the hearts of Witnesses rather than using it as a time to show love for witnesses and non witnesses alike. It was not my intent to defend the society, only to make sure that what we say is factual.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Here are some more articles from independant news sources detailing what time the tsunami hit individual locations:

Indian mainland: http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/dec/30franc.htm,

http://www.hindu.com/2004/12/27/stories/2004122706400300.htm

Sri Lanka: http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=40188

• anuva
    anuva

i understand as you quote these sources , because they are the only ones to carry out report of the world ,

without any otherwise intention, i wish to say that errors do happen ,

what about AP, reuters , or whatever about me,

but despite all this there is no point in debating the time,

FYKI valiantboy.....Srilanka lies almost in line with india, where as Andaman islands are FAAR away,

yes there was time difference in hitting of tsunamis for islands and MAINLANd india, but for me there is no difference , island is also INDIA, and there were those signs which speak themselves without any AP /reuters telling us, stopped clocks, people dead in their morning tracking suits ...and list will continue......

and despite all such BRAVE existance of AP and reuters, and all facilities , i wish to tell you all concerned that there was considerable time lag , in reaching of tsunamis on mainland india, that could have been prevented HAD any information was relayed from INDONESIA/ ANDAMAAN islands..and thailand NEWS PEOPLE and others ON TIME,

it was almost 1- 1.5 hour available for them to escape, BUT ONLY IF THAT HAPPEENED...

any way its time to SAVE LIFE and bring back those smiles, i beleive we will , as the tales of beautiful and miraculus escapes CAME trickling in ...among the rubble.

anuva

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

It is a shame that there is not a warning system, as many lives could have been spared. My heart does truly go out to all of those touched by this disaster. I cannot imagine the suffering that the individuals have experienced. And I continue to find it insulting that the society implies that only those busy in spiritual pursuits would survive, as htat is only one step away from saying that those who died in some way deserved to die. What an evil thought.

Anuva, it was not my intent to debate you, merely to explain that the email mentioned in this first post was not entirely inaccurate.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Just my 2 cents worth, but I think its sad that witnesses are actually excited about such disasters. They are all worked up over this being a sign of the end. Well what about the victims, where is the true love extended toword them? Why would one focus on the devestation and not on helping such ones. Also the part about them being spared due to being in serivice or a kingdom hall, BS, its only coincedence. If the waves had wiped out their halls they would have just explained it away as "time and unforseen circumstances". They have a explanation to everything as long as it supports their means.

Ticker

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Some were spared because they were attending the meetings....

Two brothers visiting Thailand from Finland were saved because they were in field service when the wave hit the tourist area they were staying at. When they returned to their cabin it was destroyed along with others.

Give me a break...they were saved because they were not at home. It had nothing to do with field service. I get sick when I here stories like this. The same kind of stories evolved from 911 too. When I was out if field service I use to hear these falsehoods shared as truths. I heard someone repeat this lunacy in response to a WT question. The person was not even corrected by the elder. Think about it, if a brother was home with their sick child instead of the meeting and died, would this mean that God personally was disappointed with them and chose to let them die. Or if the brothers were actually out in service in the tourist area? Every religion has their story of how God personally saved them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit