Pathetic JW Web Site

by DevonMcBride 109 Replies latest jw friends

• kat2u
    kat2u

i have emailed him several times he has emailed me back too

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I, too, just put another message in his guestbook. Wonder how long before that one is deleted?

• LDH
    LDH

Neo,

I've always enjoyed your posts, but this one I disagree with. Yes, like all good JWs he is pre-programmed. So it doesn't matter if I say, "Your God sucks" or if I try to "reason with him from the scriptures"--as soon as he detects a glimmer of disobediance to the BORG he will shut down faster than a 13 year old virgin on her (forced) wedding night.

It's bullshit, and I'm not going to candy coat it to make him feel better.

Lisa

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Oh, dear. I think somebody needs a hug.

~Rochelle.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LMFAO... that's hilarious!

• Neo
    Neo

Lisa,

I've always enjoyed your posts,

Thanks!

but this one I disagree with.

No problem! It's just differing approaches. There's never a one-size-fits-all way to change a dub mind. So it varies according to the situation.

Depending on the person I'm talking to, there are basically two different approaches I can take:

a) "Your God sucks": this works for some witnesses, because it breaks the mould of JW thinking in a very shocking and quick way. Some people will only wake up with stuff like that. (Farkel and Norm do it real good)

b) "Let me show you this line of reasoning": many witnesses are more suscetible to info presented that way, 'cause the communication style mymics the one they've been acostummed to. (Ray and AlanF deliver when they take that road)

When I don't know much about the person I'm talking to, I prefer to take the second one (which doesn't necessarily mean being extra nice). Although both approaches will likely close the dub mind anyway, the second one may yield some fruit in the long run, because "screaming" at him may serve as a confirmation in his mind that 'the apostates are indeed being guided by Satan', while a non-threatening approximation may leave the door open for future interaction.

BTW, I like the way Steve Hassan deals with that subject in his books.

Neo

• LDH
    LDH

Neo,

At some point I will have to read Ray, Steve, and everyone else's books. I feel bad because I've never read them. Wait a minute, no I don't.

See I can't even be hypocritical for a single post, LOL!

As usual, I admire people with the patience to play mind games with these nut-jobs. I don't have it.

Lisa

PS--Happy New Year.

• duffy
    duffy

Sad, just sad.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Welcome, Duffy!!!!!!

Care to introduce yourself?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Methinks he's the webmaster.