Open Discussion - The End Times according to bible prophecy

by Brownboy 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Brownboy, you said your last post was going to be in April 2004. How can we trust you?

I have never asked you to put trust in me, but to place your complete trust in Jehovah.

• gumby
    gumby

Brownboy...doncha know that christians don't like to hear the scripture that "faith without works is dead"? They don't like the word "works". But....the bible only says their faith is dead if they don't have works with it.

Maybe jesus saves people with dead faith along with live faith cuz I don't remember reading where he kills dead faithed people....as long as you have just a tad...like a mustered seed, yer in!

It begins with a complete faith in the words written in the four gospels of Christ Jesus ................ no more is necessary. We are nearing the final fulfillment of bible prophecy.

It's a good thing you only picked those 4 gospels because the rest of the bible doesn't acknowledge an earthly life of a Jesus. Look as you will and try to find any relatives, miracles, or anything else jesus did on earth in the epistles (letters).He never lived on earth according to the N.T. other than what the gospels say.

Gumby

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    It's a good thing you only picked those 4 gospels because the rest of the bible doesn't acknowledge an earthly life of a Jesus. Look as you will and try to find any relatives, miracles, or anything else jesus did on earth in the epistles (letters).He never lived on earth according to the N.T. other than what the gospels say.

Gumby

So are you, or are you not proclaiming to be a Christian? Blind faith is the beginning of all beliefs, unless you lived in the days of Jesus. There are books in the bible that foretold the first appearance of Christ on the earth. What you have written makes no sense.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

It's not hard to understand, It plainly says "If a prophet speaks in my name and what he says does not come true,I did not send him." The Society has said "The creator prmises" and that is speaking in God's name They also have prophesied in Jesus' name.[May1,1982 Watchtower says"Jesus assures us the 1914 generation will not pass away."] At Matthew 7:22 Jesus said"Many will say to me in that day,Lord,Lord have we not prophesied in your name, yet I will confess to them:I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." As to how these scriptures apply, they apply to the Watchtower Society. They have given so many dates as to the end of the world and none have came true.You have to continue to believe what ever they print weather it is true or not. They are a cult and is being run by Apostates.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    It's not hard to understand, It plainly says "If a prophet speaks in my name and what he says does not come true,I did not send him." The Society has said "The creator prmises" and that is speaking in God's name They also have prophesied in Jesus' name.[May1,1982 Watchtower says"Jesus assures us the 1914 generation will not pass away."] At Matthew 7:22 Jesus said"Many will say to me in that day,Lord,Lord have we not prophesied in your name, yet I will confess to them:I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." As to how these scriptures apply, they apply to the Watchtower Society. They have given so many dates as to the end of the world and none have came true.You have to continue to believe what ever they print weather it is true or not. They are a cult and is being run by Apostates.

23 "Then if anyone says to YOU, ?Look! Here is the Christ,? or, ?There!? do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ?Look! He is in the wilderness,? do not go out; ?Look! He is in the inner chambers,? do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

32 "Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.

Which prophecy in the above scriptures has not been fulfilled?

• gumby
    gumby
    There are books in the bible that foretold the first appearance of Christ on the earth. What you have written makes no sense.

Brownboy...I plainly said nothing about the Old Testement. I said that NONE on the New Testement other than the gospels, contain any information about the earthly life of jesus other than the one that mentions he emptied himself and became a man.

Wouldn't it seem reasonable that as hard as the christians tried to make a defense for Jesus in the "LETTERS"...that these writers would have used all the miracles and powerfull works jesus did as proof? After all, these guys were eyewitnesses to all the miracles weren't they?

Jesus miracles, his mother, father, brothers and sisters, his birth and the miracles that surrounded it.....were never mentioned in the LETTERS. Odd indeed.

• ko38
    ko38

WOW,cant you guys see that this brown boy is yankin your chain.He is a sh!$ disturber that thrives on conflict>

\ TROLL ALERT

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Wouldn't it seem reasonable that as hard as the christians tried to make a defense for Jesus in the "LETTERS"...that these writers would have used all the miracles and powerfull works jesus did as proof? After these guys were eyewitnesses to all the miracles weren't they? Jesus mother, father, brothers and sisterS, his birth and the miracles that surrounded it.....were never mentioned in the LETTERS. Odd indeed.

Only that which was necessary was written to give people an understanding of Jehovah, and His purpose for mankind. Isn't a fulfillment of prophecy a miracle in itself?

• gumby
    gumby
    Only that which was necessary was written to give people an understanding of Jehovah, and His purpose for mankind. Isn't a fulfillment of prophecy a miracle in itself?

I though we were talkin about Jesus...not his dad?

Ko...I don't care if he's a troll as long as he's acting like a dub with slight different view of things. Answering Brownboy gives a witness to others who thinks as he does.

Gumby

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    I though we were talkin about Jesus...not his dad?

Ko...I don't care if he's a troll as long as he's acting like a dub with slight different view of things. Answering Brownboy gives a witness to others who thinks as he does.

Gumby

Even Christ acknowledged the fact that he came to do the will of his father. Jehovah will glorify Christ in His day, when all nations soon gather together in Christ, and in complete unity................it is written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit