S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

One,

Maybe youre not looking?

Mrs Jones

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Satanus,somebody didn`t want to get caught choking the chicken..LOL!

• franklin J
    franklin J

LOL,

participating in this thread has been frustrating because it proves to me ( as I already knew) that those who are still dedicated JWs can never understand life from "outside their box". They are right and we are wrong. They have the spirit of Jehovah.( *sarcasm*) No matter what we say or do, we are wrong.

Perhaps ignorance REALLY IS BLISS.

Willyloman summed it up early on in this thread by saying " do not feed the troll".

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

LOL,

participating in this thread has been frustrating because it proves to me ( as I already knew) that those who are still dedicated JWs can never understand life from "outside their box". They are right and we are wrong. They have the spirit of Jehovah.( *sarcasm*) No matter what we say or do, we are wrong.

Perhaps ignorance REALLY IS BLISS.

Willyloman summed it up early on in this thread by saying " do not feed the troll".

I agree! I give up! It's like watching a hamster tread inside the hamster wheel!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I agree with Franklin.

I'll try to cut down on troll feeding.

Mrs Jones

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I agree with Franklin.

I'll try to cut down on troll feeding.

Mrs Jones

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    brenda,
    What a concept! And the source knowledge was obtained from my formative years as a JW.

Many dont want to to credit the wt for their success.

The negative side to this is that I was pulled from HS after my sophomore year because I had enough education to become a pioneer or wife. I excelled inspite of my lack of education and my JW upbringing.

A few years ago my mom was going on and on on how successful one of her non-JW grandsons was, having worked for Intel and traveled around the country fixing computer problems. I finally interrupted her and asked if she had any idea what I did for a living. She said something like a secretary. I told her "no, I work for a software company and travel around the country teaching people how to use our software effectively. I usually end up working with their IT people on operating system issues. I can work on 3 different operating systems, and all this without a high school education.". She had no idea, and was stunned.

I happened to be working at a software firm where the President (the original programmer) and one of the senior R&D people (a rocket scientist) happened to also be HS dropouts with high IQ's.

Many here have said the negatives outweigh the positives. Even though I'm more than happy to credit the FS and TMS with that part of my education, this is true. It's part of the limited education I was allowed. If it wasn't for my parents being such good JW's (dad elder, po, etc) and that I was a teenage in the early 70's, I might have at least finished high school (class of '75). I have an IQ of approx 142 and strong curiosity. THAT and audacious tenacity accounts for more of my success than the FS or TMS. FS and TMS just helped reduce the fears that many people experience.

Hugs

Brenda

• one
    one
    Through the years our local newspapers have printed the origins of Christmas.

for how long ago have they been doing it did you say?

recently "local" newspapers had no choice but to incidentally publish what has been known for years, through wt propaganda machinery.

"local" is local, world wide is

world wide delivery by by the wt at a low cost to your home

at a time when most people did not even read newspapers, much less playboy, still most people do not read newspapers or have internet..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Origins of Christmas have been written about for decades in the newspapers usualy about Christmas time(go figure).The Watchtower was not the souce of the information,I doubt the Watchtower has any influence on our local paper or any other paper for that matter.Newspapers have been around a very long time unless your from another planet..People don`t read newspapers or Playboy? No other Countries have newspapers or the Playboy magazine?.. I`ve got news for you. More people read their local newspaper and the Playboy magazine world wide,than recieve a Watchtower at a low cost..Worldwide,most people do not read the Watchtower,many don`t even know about the Watchtower..In many countries the crap from the Watchtower is outright banned..As it is banned in many countries,there can be no easly obtanable,worldwide distribution,of WB&TS crap...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit