Positive about jw

by one 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Namasti
    Namasti

You're right on, Gill. My thoughts--it's ok to admit that we all wasted every minute we spent as a JW. There was nothing positive. There belief about Christmas is filled with contradictions. You can give Christmas any meaning you want. You learn only to follow and not to think for yourself at all. To become completely deaf, super dump and blind. You're taught not to question anything. I had to learn how to think for myself only when I left.

• Namasti
    Namasti

One--

I have to admit your comments filled me with anger at first b/c it reminded me of the kind of reasoning that at one time seemed so logical to me. We didn't learn how to think big, broad. The "pagan" thing that they thought was so important to regect. Who are these bad "pagans" anyway. Are they the bad guys--No- just different religions. Are Christians better than Non-Christians? Also--just narrow thinking which keeps us separated from one another--the biggest sin of the world's religions not just JW's. Isn't it time to get out of that box--and stop the "we're right--they-- over there are wrong.. It really is true that it's just different paths all teaching fundamentally the same truths--maybe just wording it differently. The JW's are the most dangerous, though, because they take this separation concept to the extreme.

• one
    one

Namasti ,

are you trying to refute my basic statement reflected in the main topic? try agaiin

• one
    one
    brenda,
    What a concept! And the source knowledge was obtained from my formative years as a JW.

Many dont want to to credit the wt for their success.

The negative side to this is that I was pulled from HS after my sophomore year because I had enough education to become a pioneer or wife.

I recognize there are negative aspects, but that is not my topic, my topic is not even about the balance.

If any of you want to expand in such direction you can start your own topic, as most topic in this forum, as many have done before.

Credit where credit is due, nothing more.

It is like "pay to Cesar" and dont complaint, just start your own legal case in court if you have any issues.

• franklin J
    franklin J

HAH!

Thanks for the laughs, One.

There is a certain comfort in reading your posts; namely that the Jehovahs Witnesse beleief as I knew it has not changed.

The dogmatic bias comments in your posting have confirmed to me that the Jehovahs Witnesses and their teachings are the same as when I left them over 20 yers ago. I most definitely have not missed anything.....

regards, and have a good life...

Frank

• one
    one

Frank,

There is a certain comfort in reading your posts; namely that the Jehovahs Witnesse beleief as I knew it has not changed.

"has not changed"? I dont see how you arrive to such a conclusion.

Your "comfort" seem an indication that you worry about "missing' something about jw,

Ttha is the same reason many (maybe all) are on this board, not that they acknwoledge, otherwise we have twisted sense of humor and enjoy only negativity, as perceived and demotrated by the great majority of written words.

Many seem to be proud of what they are today, but at the same time forget that they are what the are most likely thanks to jw background.

BTW i have been out as long as you, probably more, despite my topic there must be a good couple reason for not returning..

But if the globe in which we live had only a negartive pole it could not "run"

• Namasti
    Namasti

One,

Just one thing I am curious about concerning your comments about Christmas being pagan. Are you saying that you agree with the JW and so you still don't celebrate Christmas because of its supposed Pagan origin and if you do agree with them, what exactly do you consider to be pagan? What is a pagan to you? Enjoyed your comment, though. Thanks

Namasti

• one
    one

One,

Just one thing I am curious about concerning your comments about Christmas being pagan. Are you saying that you agree with the JW and so you still don't celebrate Christmas because of its supposed Pagan origin and if you do agree with them, what exactly do you consider to be pagan? What is a pagan to you? Enjoyed your comment, though. Thanks

Namasti

I dont really care if is Pagan or not,

I dont "celebrate" as such but i enjoy and have a REAL good time whenever other are having a good time for whatever reason, cristmas included.

I agree with jw, i learned only from them, cristmas is nonsense and a very lucrative economy acitvy at present. Something does not have to no nosense for me to enjoy, after all mostly in life is nonsense.

• Namasti
    Namasti

Yes, I agree. I guess I just don't like giving JW's credit for anything because they have caused so much hurt overall. Great to be in this site with such open-minded and deep thinkers. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit