Positive about jw

by one 78 Replies latest jw friends

• one
    one

Wildhorses,

dont be afraid of some here, you can continue running ahead of me

• mustang
    mustang
    The child is later expected to CONFIRM his entry in the church when they reach an age where understanding of the religion is achieved.

Can you elaborate on it?, perhaps on another thread, stating what a confirmation is all about and at what age it is permitted etc

Actually, I am working up to that. But I would like to have some dialogue with a Catholic, since I have only recently discovered this myself. I will likely start a separate topic on this, soon. I notice a post on "comments about underage baptism" or something to that effect going on @ the moment. More later?

Mustang

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

One, I am far from afraid. Yes, I have seen good things in the jw's. I made a couple of good friends while I was there. But, because I am no longer one of them they will no longer speak to me. I am the eternal optimist so I always try to look on the bright side. BUT, as far as the WT being good in general, far from it. They want total control on the lives of their members and if they see that someone inside has figured them out and fear they could lose other members because of it. They will sure as shit put that person out and stop anyone inside from speaking with that person so as to keep them blinded. The less member they have, the less money they have.

• mustang
    mustang

One,

I was BORN into the JW's; my father was a fire-breathing, "went where the need was great", started a congo by rubbing two sticks together missionary type. Fer Chris-sakes, he pitched a circus tent to have meetings in, before the KH, no joke!!!

Heaven help one of his kids standing in the way and doing anything different. I would have done things totally different if I had encountered them as an adult.

Mustang

• Mulan
    Mulan
    learning from jw about cristmas is one of them

All the ex JW's I know, who haven't started celebrating Christmas, have money as the main issue. I find that most JW's are not good about giving gifts and are pretty stingy in that area.

I have the most fun with Christmas, shopping and picking out "that special" gift for those I love. I put a lot of thought into each gift and find it is much more fun that getting gifts, although I do like that too.

As for positives in the JW's, it's hard to find any. Looking back, I would have to say that if I hadn't been a JW, it is unlikely I would have met and married my husband of 42 years. Two of my children wouldn't have met their mates. So, it did that for us!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

positives things about the jws....hm...thinking...thinking...ok the positive things about the jws I can find elsewhere so that I dont have to deal with the negatives things about the jws.

Mrs Jones

• blondie
    blondie

This reminds me of a story told by some JWs about finding something good to say about people.

There was a sister who always seemed to be able to say something good about people in the KH and in the territory. Finally, one frustrated sister said, "I suppose you could find something good to say about the Devil." And the sister replied, "You have to admit he is a hard worker."

Don't bother laughing. Just because you can find something "good" they are doing does not negate the bad they have done and are still doing. I reminds me of the JWs that go before a court and say a convicted JW child molester shouldn't go to prison (or can't possibly be a molester) because he is a hard worker.

Blondie

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry One! Not meaning to judge you but have spent half a day with witness parents so am a little tetchy at having to bite my tongue so often.

No there's nothing good much about the JWs except, as some others have mentioned having met our partners and had our children. They're a bunch of all out total control freaks. Everything needs to be just so and no other way and that can never be healthy.

• one
    one

Wilhorses,

if they see that someone inside has figured them out

That's the major mistake made by most exjw, including me, we showed too much when that was not the best alternative.

Even when the gov wants to destroy a criminal org they penetrate the group instead of openly fighting it

Mustang

my father was a fire-breathing, "went where the need was great",

our background is very similar.

Mulan

if I hadn't been a JW, it is unlikely I would have met and married my husband of 42 years. Two of my children wouldn't have met their mates. So, it did that for us!

btw divorced exjw find hard to find an appropiate partner, the main reason is that they are sure most of the "wordly" custom and style are BS and are not willing to put up with any of that, and they learned that as jw...

if anyone has other explanations i want to know.

mrsjones5,

the positive things about the jws I can find elsewhere

Some time ago it was not possible to find them elsewhere, readly available at you own home for free.

Now we have the internet where we can educate ourselves just about anything.

Most jw converts had not idea about the bible and were totally ignorant about history, in fact some who walked out could do better in further university studies, In too many cases, out of proportions, exjw AND jw have been the best students thanks to study habits and other free jw background period..

Blondie

"I suppose you could find something good to say about the Devil." And the sister replied, "You have to admit he is a hard worker." Don't bother laughing.

ROFL, cant help

Just because you can find something "good" they are doing does not negate the bad they have done and are still doing

hell no, my emphasis in this topic is not the contrast or final balance, which as stated could be negative or positive and

if negative, think about the "lemonade" unless you have something better to do about it.

Gill,

No there's nothing good much about the JWs except, as some others have mentioned having met our partners and had our children.

finding a good wife/husband is one the major 'acomplisment' inlife I can think about.

Finally,

the gov is not even willing to totally eliminate criminal org as they are still part of the system and the result could be worst if they do it..

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

One,

this is not a putdown but did ya read my post honey?

like i said whatever positives things the jws have or do, me and mine can find elsewhere and not have to deal with the negatives exclusive to the jws.

Some time ago it was not possible to find them elsewhere, readly available at you own home for free.

Now we have the internet where we can educate ourselves just about anything.

Most jw converts had not idea about the bible and were totally ignorant about history, in fact some who walked out could do better in further university studies, In too many cases, out of proportions, exjw AND jw have been the best students thanks to study habits and other free jw background period..

what you said above really didnt have too much to do with what i expressed.

and by the way I educated myself about the lies of the watchtower before the internet ever came my way. not a good thing to assume honey.

Mrs Jones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit