It's cases like this that make me support the death penalty...

by Elsewhere 149 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

That would be too much like "an eye for an eye". Who wants to become as they? An undepraved death would would fill justice better in the minds of others, than to imitate what was repulsed to begin with.

Gumby

• avishai
    avishai

Hang her.

However, since we live in a civilized society revenge should under no circumstances be allowed or encouraged.

Is that what civilized means?

If she prefers a pinless death over life in prison than she should be put to sleep.

Her choices are no longer valid. Period. I do agree she should be put to sleep, and as much as emotion comes into it, yes, painlessly.

However, she no longer gets to pick and choose whether to live or die. That gives WAY to much choice to the criminal

• bem
    bem

I agree with Avashai she should not get to choose her method of an ending, she didn't give the victim a choice and now the legacy this child will live with is heart breaking.

I'm thinking the punishment should be published and televised just as much as the crime,to stop others in the future or at least slow them down, I remember several years back in New mexico, for the same reasons as this criminal had "lieing about pregnancy then needing a baby" The victim in that case had the baby taken by surgery done with a car key. I was numb at the thought process that cold hearted person had to be going through to get to that point in life to have that mind set. to do something so awful.

I hope for the best for the father, child and the family.

Dorothy

• Englishman
    Englishman

The trouble with CP is that it's basically tit for tat. I'm not disputing whether someone deserves to die or not. I'm disputing whether or not we as a society should still be legally killing people. Obviously, Americans and Europeans have a different culture regarding CP, neither of which seems comprehensible to the other.

Englishman.

• Panda
    Panda

Nothing wrong with tit for tat. In fact it might be a good idea if people really practiced that. Have you read the Shermer article on tit for tat. I think he called it the silver rule? not sure though.

Anyway LM had planned this for months MONTHS. That shows she fully knew what she was doing. Kill the mother; take the baby. The mother wouldn't be known by anyone she knew. She used a false name to introduce herself as a puppy buyer. IMHO I say she is a very very selfish woman who planned to scam her new husband into thinking that this was his kid. She could show off and get attention. I wonder if those other kids are really hers?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

maybe this is the result of a violent society? i start to believe that... i mean, a lot of americans on here seem to see no alternative to the death penalty. a lot of americans didn't see an alternative to bomb the hell out of other countries. and that woman didn't see an alternative to kill that poor girl and steal her baby. is there really no connection? i doubt it. sick society.

• rick1199
    rick1199

Surly this woman MUST be mentally ill ? If she is can you really suport killing her due to actions she took when she was unwell ? True she needs to be locked up for the rest of her life, but taking her life seems a bit hipocritical.

• Panda
    Panda

The truth is she is obviously well enough to know that what she did was wrong. If you planned this deed for months, stalked your prey, used a false name etc, then you are not insane or crazy. You (meaning the accused) are a selfish sociopath who only thinks about what she wants, how she will feel. She (I'll bet) is a me me me person. that can be dangerous but not insanity.

• Mary
    Mary
    very understandable that the relatives want to kill that woman. However, since we live in a civilized society revenge should under no circumstances be allowed or encouraged.

I'm at the point where I disagree. Our "civilized society" is so concerned about being politically correct that scumbags like this woman have all the "rights" in the world and the victim has none. I'm sick to death of seeing people who commit the most vicious of crimes get some fast talking lawyer up there to rip apart the victim or their families, all in the hopes of getting a guilty person off scot free. If someone did this to a member of my family, there would be no phonecall to the cops.....they'd be going six feet under.

This mentally obviously deranged woman should be put in an institution for the rest of her life.

Ya, right.......her punishment for this horrific crime should be to become a huge burden on society where the tax payers get to foot the bill for her food, clothing, shelter, counselling and activies for the rest of her life........a bullet is much cheaper.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

If someone did this to a member of my family, there would be no phonecall to the cops.....they'd be going six feet under.

yeah, and you'd have a walk on the death row.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit