It's cases like this that make me support the death penalty...

by Elsewhere 149 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

This same thing happened here in Fresno about 4 years ago--some nut job named Teresa Saldana did the exact same thing. It's repulsive.

There is no rehabilitation for someone like this, IMHO.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

I'M NOT A LIBERAL!!!

we already know that. you are a big fan of nazi propaganda, the "natural selection" type. and from what i can see here, you're not the only one.

a mentally ill woman? go fry her! let's save some money!
    saw that disabled child? let's save some money again!

IIRC humans have a right to live. and calling someone a beast won't change that. if i'd believe in god i'd pray every day for the USers to even slightly resemble the rights they think they represent. human rights? (if it wouldn't be so sad i'd say) don't make me laugh.

• avishai
    avishai

Why don't you read some of her posts about protesting the gulf war etc. before you rip into her, dude? My younger bro IS disabled. I have had to see the effects of child abuse, mental illness etc. every day of my life. This woman planned for months this event. That is NOT mental illness. Is there room for any type of evil in your world? It exists. The trouble is, people have NO boundaries anymore. So what ANYONE does is OK. And the victims of crime be damned. The criminal was just "acting out" or "misunderstood. No accountability. It's BS.

Robdar and I have butted heads over her views MANY times. A nazi she's not. Also your loosely throwing around the word Nazi is pretty offensive to one who lost relatives in the camps. Oh, and the guys that were the nazi's that actually DID that kind of stuff? Were they mentally ill? What kind of punishment did they deserve?.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

If killing people is wrong, killing people is wrong.

There's a difference between revenge (I would gut the bitch like a fish and watch her flop all over the floor as she died), and justice.

You'all can have your revenge and talk about frying people like it is something clever and big.

I can shudder and see how accepting that killing (as a punishment) is allowable can lead us to compromise our own standards and morals.

But you guys (Americans) have been desensitised to death. You have a murder rate at least five times higher than Europe. Killing people for serious crimes is as natural and obvious a thing to do - for you guys - as hanging a child for stealjing an egg was to an English person in the reign of Victoria. It is socially acceptable.

When the German government after WWII stopped using the death penalty, over 70% of the German public were against stoping judicial killing. They were used to it. It was socially acceptable.

NOW, Germans are as against the death penalty as most other Europeans, as they find the idea of judicial killing NOW socially unacceptable.

Of course, whether the USA's high murder rate (arguably a sign that human life is not held very highly by many Americans) is connected to it being one of the only developed countries using the death penalty (thus showing that even government accepts judicial killing is okay) is a case of argument.

Is there a death penalty in America because they are five times more murderous than Europeans and need a death penalty to keep control?

Or is there a high murder rate in American society because the sanctity of life is not seen as an absolute concept?

Either way, please note I don't think being in favour of the death penalty has anything to do with ones goodness or badness; I am sure you would be typing this if you were enculturated as a European, and I would have written what you guys wrote is I was as enculturated as an American.

It is whether you can accept that Europe functions perfectly well without a death penalty, and thus shows that the death penalty is not really neccesary but is an indication of a culture's development I find interesting.

Of course, the abstracted argument is different from the real-world one. Accepting the death penalty as neccesary in cases where there is absolute proof the person being executed did it is one thing; absolute proof is only available in a minority of cases.

• In the USA a disturbingly high number of death-row prisoners who have their cases independantly scrutinised show severe miscarriages of justice.
    • These include a failure to investigate evidence which would have cleared the suspect.
    • A black person is far more likely to be executed for the exact same murder than a white person.

... thus as practised in the USA, in all but cases where there is absolute proof there is a very real danger of killing innocent people by judicial killing, and a provable connection between sentencing outcome and race which I cannot understand people being calm about.

But this bitch? Why reduce us to her level? Just because she is an animal doesn't mean we are. Stick her in a cage, figure out why she did it (and thus maybe stop it happening to other people), and wait for her to die.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

"Do what nature failed to do: Abort the abnormality." sounds pretty much nazi to me. this kind of thinking should not exist anymore. let it never happen again.

you misunderstand what i am talking about. i never said crimes are ok, no, and i am disgusted by what human beings are able to do. "evil" is not a attribute to describe a person, but a deed. the thing that woman did was evil indeed. she's not, she's got a mental problem, and a huge one. and people have to be protected from persons with huge mental problems who do evil deeds.

Oh, and the guys that were the nazi's that actually DID that kind of stuff? Were they mentally ill?
    some obviously were. some were not, but had the same thinking robdar has, combined with too much power. and some were people like many on here, who thought it would be ok to kill "evil" people.

What kind of punishment did they deserve?
    punishment does not help anyone. education probably would.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

But this bitch? Why reduce us to her level? Just because she is an animal doesn't mean we are. Stick her in a cage, figure out why she did it (and thus maybe stop it happening to other people), and wait for her to die.

that sums it up pretty much.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Abaddon : But this bitch? Why reduce us to her level? Just because she is an animal doesn't mean we are. Stick her in a cage, figure out why she did it (and thus maybe stop it happening to other people), and wait for her to die.
    just to emphasis (again) ...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Either way, please note I don't think being in favour of the death penalty has anything to do with ones goodness or badness; I am sure you would be typing this if you were enculturated as a European, and I would have written what you guys wrote is I was as enculturated as an American.

I already expressed my views on the Peterson thread and I won't try it again. I just want to add that I fully agree with the above statement by Abaddon. It is an issue of collective political and cultural consciousness, not of individual morality.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    "Do what nature failed to do: Abort the abnormality." sounds pretty much nazi to me. this kind of thinking should not exist anymore. let it never happen again.

So you are saying that nature is a Nazi?

Do you deny that many times miscarriages are naturally brought about because of some abnormality in the embryo/fetus? Squirm all you want to about it but it doesn't change the facts.

Do you always get so hysterical when people disagree with you?

"evil" is not a attribute to describe a person, but a deed. the thing that woman did was evil indeed. she's not,

Huh? Excuse me but, if she wasn't evil, she would not have done that evil thing. Good people do not do evil things. This isn't a case of where the woman was living a good life and then suddenly went mental. She plotted her evil deed for months. A good person would never have thought of doing such a thing. So, please spare us your nonsensical babbling.

It is people like you who did nothing at all when Hitler came to power. It was people like you who did nothing when others were being killed by the Nazis. Now you sit back and give your self airs as to how much more civilized you are than the rest of the world.

The murderer showed no mercy to the woman or her unborn daughter. No mercy should be shown towards her.

Don't tell me that the death penalty doesn't prevent murder. The murderers who have been put to death sure aren't killing anybody else.

Stop attacking me and come up with a better reason that we shouldn't put this woman to death. Don't give me the old "eye for an eye and everybody will be blind" argument. How anybody can equate losing an eye to being strangled and having your baby ripped out is beyond me.

Kisses to Avi.

Robyn

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well said Robyn - happy new year BTW and hope you had a great xmas and enjoyed The Plaza lights

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit