Name Things That You Can Be Counseled For

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I know one sister got councelled for breastfeeding in the Kingdom Hall during the Meeting!

• fairy
    fairy

i was counseled for wearing slip on shoes when i did my talk.....there was nothing wrong with them. they were nice shoes.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I was counselled for hitting my stepfather after he "lovingly disciplined" me by punching me in the face !

I was publicly reproved for having an unrepentant attitude about the above offence, telling the elder counselling me that I would kill him if he hit me again!

Telling an elder to "F*** OFF" after he hit me during the quickbuild - I was overheard by passers by and it would have been a bad witness!!!

Listening to Heavy Metal

Buying tickets to go to the Monsters of Rock concert

Not going out in field service enough

Not getting to enough meetings after having a nervous breakdown

Bull!

• Mary
    Mary

Wearing dresspants out in Service to try and keep warm, even though it was the middle of January and 20 below out;

Going to see Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Apparently, Jehovah's idea of justice is nothing like Arnies........wait a minute, yes it is!! Guess they didn't want us having a 'sneak preview' of things to come.

Going rollerstaking Friday night (without any other Dubs present)

Questioning Jesus' "invisible return" in 1914. This won't get you counselled, it'll get you disfellowshipped if you push the envelope.

Wearing nylons with designs on them. Apparently only prostitutes wear these.

Wearing ankle bracelets. Apparently, this is another favorite of ancient prostitutes. I'm sure there's something pagan about it.

Going to, or throwing a costume party. Would Jesus ever do something like that?

Speaking to a DF'd or DA'd person, even though they've just lost a family member in death.

Getting an education beyond Grade 12.

If you share your Hall with another congregation, working out in Service with someone who's not in your Hall is a big no, no.

• Descender
    Descender

I got counseled just this last summer when I was best man at my brother's wedding. He couldn't really have his wedding at a Kingdom Hall because I was the best man, which was good for him because he didn't want it there anyways. I'm not disfellowshipped any longer, but I have faded and I haven't been to a meeting in 2 1/2 years, so I'm not really considered someone to be hanging out with. I have a shaved head and a goatee and that was the biggest controversy. The elders decided that even though I hadn't been to the meetings in years and even though the wedding wasn't going to be held at a hall, I still needed to be counseled on my goatee.

So at the rehearsal dinner, the elders convinced my future sister-in-law to ask me to shave it. I told her I had no intentions of shaving it. Then they got my mom to ask me to shave it, so I told her the same thing. An elder came and told me that I needed to shave it, to which I said I didn't see anything wrong with it according to any biblical principles. Everyone looked so dour and downcast all because I had a goatee, they acted as though it was going to ruin the whole wedding.

During the night and morning between the rehearsal and wedding I got four calls, two from my mother asking me to shave it and two from my brother. So I finally decided that I'd shave it for my brother since my goatee had such earth shattering implications and would destroy the whole wedding. Right after I got done shaving my goatee my brother called and told me he had good news. The elders had met together and decided that my keeping the goatee wouldn't have such serious implications as previously thought, so I could keep it. Too late. Yeck, that's the last witness gathering that I ever attend.

• franklin J
    franklin J

....counseled for haveing a flashy convertible sports car ( not a 4 door sedan) whilst being a full time pioneer.....I was an 18 year old kid and just wanted to have fun.....

....counseled for ( while out in service one fine day) having a cup of coffee and pouring out the remainder onto the street before getting out of the car to commence preaching....it was considered unchristian like if someone saw me....oh....what was I supposed to do with the remainder of the coffee in the cup?

...counseled for wearing an ivory colored double breasted suite ( this was 1974!) with brass military buttons to a sunday meeting.... come on guys, this was the current fashon trend.....I was told to change the buttons--my mother knew that job would be hers and stepped up to the plate and identified the American eagle on the buttons as one of Jehovahs Creations. The pompous elder who commented ( rather then start an argument with an elders wife -who I might add was higer on the JW hierchy than him)--backed down. The buttons stayed.

...counseled for wearing bell bottom pants ( also 1974) to a meeting .....everyone was wearing them!

....counseled for having hair that was over my collar ( also 1974).

CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THIS NONSENSE?

• Swan
    Swan
    At the time my friend and I were reading a book about 'Lucid Dreaming'. It was pretty cool. Word got around that we were praticing 'illicit dreaming', which is not even close. The elders felt stupid about bringing it up, but then when they found out what it really was, they told us the Lucid Dreaming could open our minds to demons and that we should stop

LOL! That's ridiculous! You are in more control at that time than any demon!

They need to abandon this teaching of the demons taking control during hypnosis or lucid dreaming. We pass through a state of hypnosis every night when we go to sleep. It is one of the stages of sleep! Any doctor who studies sleep can tell you that.

So if you are a demon, waiting to take control of a good JW, what would you do? Wait for months or years for the subject to go to a hypnotherapist or to a stage hypnotist's show? Or would you just wait till the person climbs into bed and whisper your suggestions as they fall to sleep?

Their religion holds onto 19th century superstitions in a 21st century world. They need to get real!

Tammy

• amac
    amac

Recently, for being part of the PTA and letting the neighbor kids come over to play.

When I was younger...for wearing a bow tie, side burns too long, wearing a hat backwards at Bethel, all the usual stuff like that.

• minimus
    minimus

Yesterday, I was explaining to my mom that there are so many rules in the organization, that it can't be coming from Jehovah. I then looked thru these pages and conversationally started rattling off all the man made rules. It was overwhelmingly effective!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was 18 and dating a witness girl who lived 700 miles away. We had talked of marriage, as you were supposed to do if dating someone. But I was young, and told that if I wanted to remain in good standing in that congregation, I would cease the relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit