Name Things That You Can Be Counseled For

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I love watching women dance.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Wearing "strange" colored nail polish if you are a sister (unless you're an elder's wife/daughter)
    Hmm...I was an elders daughter and my dad would constantly get calls. My mom was cool though, would tell him to leave me alone about the nail polish.

My hair...I got blond streaks in it once, I have dark brown hair. big no-no.

getting my hair cut really short

Tight clothes (I already mentioned but also...) and baggy clothes

Wearing boys clothes

Being aggressive in general

Having stickers on my car

Specifically having punk music and south park stickers on my car

Having xmass lights up all year (my mom got couseled too, she had white string lights in her garden! *gasp*

Dressing too fashionably

Watching x-files

Sending naughty emails back and forth to some cute JW boys

Saying the word "crap" because it means "shit"...um what about "poo"?

I am sure I can keep coming up with more unspeakable sins...

• Swan
    Swan
    counseled a MS/pioneer because he stunk. He argued with me until I told him that not only did no one not want to be around him but if he continued stinking he'd be removed.

Minimus,

I remember their radio program that dealt with that issue in one episode. The brothers counseled the man to use soap and water. I couldn't believe they thought that was a topic that needed to be broadcast to the whole state in a 15 minute spot on Sunday morning. I was really trying to be devoted to the "Truth" back then and trying hard to ignore my doubts, and then they come along with this embarrassing radio program. Good grief! II thought. Is that all they could come up with? Is that really one of the biggest issues facing the world today?

Tammy

• undercover
    undercover

I wonder if there is a way to compare the counsel with the area of the country/world we are from? Can we figure out which areas are much more conservative than others? I remember hearing that the closer to water(ocean)a congregation was the more liberal(read unspiritual) it was. If someone was from Florida or Southern California, it was accepted that they were automatically a different breed of witness.

Take the white shirt thing for instance. That wasn't such a big deal here(Southern US), but beards, sideburns, moustaches were.

I read one post that talked about single brothers and sisters riding in a car alone had to be seperated by front and rear seat. Never mentioned where I lived until a family from the mid-west moved in. While pioneering one summer, I was asked to give the daughter of this family a ride home occasionally. She always rode in the back seat. I asked her why and she said that that was the counsel that they had always received in her circuit.(of course she could have been lying and just hated my guts, lol)

• minimus
    minimus

Swan, what radio program?? Was this in the 70's??

• Fleur
    Fleur

changing my first name legally (no one's freakin business!)

inviting teens from the hall over to hang out and watch Star Trek (even though they all watched it at home with their parents anyway)

give me a frigging break.

• minimus
    minimus

Californians and Floridians were not real JWs....too far from Mother. How about going to Bethel Factory in 100 degree weather dressed up like you're going to a Sunday meeting in December?

• undercover
    undercover
    How about going to Bethel Factory in 100 degree weather dressed up like you're going to a Sunday meeting in December?

Oh yeah! I got counseled for wearing jeans to tour Bethel. It was January and cold as hell. I wore jeans, a sweatshirt and ski jacket. You would have thought I had shot the Governing Body or something, the looks I got. I never got that dressing to tour a FACTORY as you would to go to a Sunday meeting bit.

• Swan
    Swan
    Swan, what radio program?? Was this in the 70's??

Min; I think it was early eighties or late seventies. I know our stereo had an 8-track at the time. LOL! It seems to me the title was "All Scriptures Beneficial" or "All Things Beneficial"? It was about the Stone family or Stoned family . It featured the same actors who did the District Assembly dramas. Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

UC,

Are you joking?!

I never got that dressing to tour a FACTORY as you would to go to a Sunday meeting bit.

You have to wear dresses and suits to tour their factory? LOL!

I didn't know that!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit