Name Things That You Can Be Counseled For

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

What does a lesbian look like? I know many and they all look different.

Tammy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A sister I know was counselled for answering up too much, (might discourage the no brainers and mentally challenged who find the material difficult)

I was counselled for wearing a tie that the PO thought was too bright.

I can sadly remember counselling a lad for wearing a jumper rather than a jacket to the Tuesday group meeting

• Swan
    Swan

Wearing black nylons (not fishnet). We were counseled about that at the assembly. Some nonsense about hookers only wear black nylons. Ohhhhhkay! Obviously the speaker had some issues with dark nylons that he should have kept between himself and his therapist.

Personally, I was counseled for not talking to a child molester. Since the elders had 'taken care of the matter' I should now treat this person as a normal member of the congregation.

Tammy

• minimus
    minimus

Ahhhhhh, "answering too much"....My mom has been counseled for putting her hand up to answer at every paragraph. Since she got dumped as a regular pioneer, she only answers a few times. I'm sure she'll get counseled for that next!

• undercover
    undercover
    Years ago, everyone wore a white shirt. I knew one Hall that had white shirts in all different sizes so that a visiting speaker with a colored shirt could change.

You have got to be bullshitting me??!! But after thinking about some of the counsel I have received I can believe it:

I was counseled on my moustache. It didn't meet the Bethel requirements therefore our local elders felt compelled to counsel me. That was an ongoing battle. I'd trim it for a while and then let it grow. I always wanted a "fu manchu" but everytime I got it close to that, the elders came down on me.

Counseled on choice of tie. Too bright and colorful. Took away from our "message".

Counseled on kind of overcoat to wear in service during the winter months. Several brothers wore waist length jackets. A couple of elders thought that it wasn't dignified enough for service. They said we were to wear 3/4 to full length overcoats. Several MSs were then counseled on their bad attitude for complaining about having to buy new coats.

Counseled on wearing "flared" dress pants on an assembly part in the early 70s. Reflected the attitude of the world.

Counseled on not wearing my suit jacket during the meetings. Not during a talk, but while sitting in the audience. In July.

Counseled on watching R-rated movies. Spirit of the world, blah, blah, blah.

Counseled on "debasing" music. Did you know that the Beatles were Satan worshippers?

• jwbot
    jwbot

One time I was counseled to not have the string hair-wraps, this MS was from New York and apparently he had special knowledge that only lesbians wore those. I actually did tell him that perhaps I was a lesbian...good thing he did have a sense of humor.

My skirts were too short (right below the knee), and my slits were too high (or long), No slits when on stage is a rule I guess too...

I was too opinionated, got counseled for that...and not being submissive

I was told that being feminist was worldy, I did not know it was, I was (and still am) very proud of being feminist

It was found out I watched a couple rated R movies and played violent video games

I had boyfriends...oops

Holding my girl friends (not the dating type) hand at an assembly...hehe got stares for that one. She was a cutie though...

Shirts too tight

Wearing too much black

Different color nail polish.

Ok this list is getting too long...

• minimus
    minimus

UC, it wasn't till a bigshot was a visiting speaker and he told them , "no way!" and "I'm telling my buddy the Circuit Overseer, too", that things changed there......Not dressing in a business like way was not considered dignified for a "minister" but if a businessman had a neatly trimmed beard, he was simply "worldly"............I counseled a MS/pioneer because he stunk. He argued with me until I told him that not only did no one not want to be around him but if he continued stinking he'd be removed.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Dancing with my best friend, a girl, and being told it had "lesbian undertones."

• blondie
    blondie

Blonde highlights in your hair if you are a brother

Sideburns 1/2 inch too long (depends on your congo)

Wearing "strange" colored nail polish if you are a sister (unless you're an elder's wife/daughter)

Owing too sporty a vehicle

Going to a science fiction movie

Buying a home

A sister whose hair is less than 1/2 inch long (cancer is not a good excuse)

Come to the Midwest where the women dance with other women all the time because the men can't dance.

• Valis
    Valis

skateboarding in the kingdom hall parking lot...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit