• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day mate! I'm still here.....

downunder you!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Rocketman,

I reiterate my earlier post:

I've always enjoyed your posts. As someone once said to me when I was about to leave this forum: "It isn't about you - it's about helping others!"

You've always been a great poster and I fully understand your lack of visits here, which is why I'm particularly pleased to learn that you haven't gone altogether. The point is, there are many, many new ones coming here who need help - and YOU have the experience. While your life is considerably better, think about theirs! They could be where you were when you first came here. You received help and they sure need it now. So please don't go altogether. Give them the benefit of your sound counsel and experience. By all means don't feel obliged to have to come every day or week, but we certainly value your contributions on a "regular" basis.

I'm so pleased that your life IS working out for the better. GREAT NEWS!

And great hearing from you again!!

Ian

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    reflecting fact that discussing the religion is now becoming (to me) counterproductive, and I no longer seem to need frequent assurance that I've done the right thing.

Same here.

Does this mean that I'll eventually leave altogether?

Well, never say never, but I still enjoy it here. After all, not all topics need be jw related. But I'm happy to report that I no longer need the board as I once did - which is a sign of healthy progression away from a religion that dominated my life for so many years.

Me too...

But I will be popping in and out. You people are way too cool for me to go bye-bye on a permanent basis!

Exactly. I don't come here for the same reasons I originally came here. Now I'm afraid I'll miss out on something. Plus you never know who's going to show up next.

Glad you're still around. You were one of the very first people I met when I came here. This is a great thread, glad you brought this back to the top, it was interesting and fun.

lisa

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good luck Rocketman

Glad you will be visiting once in a while... After all you want to hear when I kick the bucket surely!!!!I have enjoyed your posts.. also.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Another year goes by. Only 73 posts in year 6.... I'm really annoyed at having to login here after only about 48-72 hours of non-visitation. And yes, I check the 'remember' box for my computer. This is the only site I frequent that does this. So the fade continues.....

• rocketman
    rocketman

Another year goes by...I haven't visited this board for an entire year. Checking around, it appears some old friends are still here. Anyway, the JW religion is not even a blip on my radar. It's been a JW-free year, virtually. I bumped into two witnesses (besides relatives) this year, and neither asked me anything about why I no longer attend. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. And maybe I'll stop back again, good Lord willing, next December....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you too, Rocketman.

This is a great thread of yours!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good for you, Rocketman.

I plan to fade eventually. Maybe just pop in every once-in-a-while
    to see what's new with JW'ism. But I care less and less about
    changes.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Good on ya' rocketman.

However, you miscalculated your annual check-in by a whole 1 hour and 9 minutes.

Please be more prompt the next time! LOL

• *summer*
    *summer*

Rocketman...

Such an interesting "success" story.

Keep up the good work.

Wishing you the very best!

*summer*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit