I'm Fading.... From This Board

by rocketman 50 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

Rocketman, I just have to ask a few questions. Please indulge me.

During your fade, did you ever have altruistic moments?

Did you ever try to help others see the inconsistencies? Did you ever sort of throw out hints about the REAL TRUTH to others who asked questions?

During the time you served as elder and saw through the sham....did you ever "sway the jury" to keep from harassing or dividing other families?

Did you ever feel a connection with others you saw fading...or a connection with others that you saw who weere questioning things and not buying the anwers given?

Do you think your fade will have had a positive affect on any of the others in your family or congregation? Or will anyone notice?

Do you feel the fade was strictly for your own sense of principles and being true to yourself or did you try to make a difference "for the cause" of seeking real truths?

Thank you. Tula

• golf2
    golf2

As they say, "you gotta do whatcha gotta do." The best to your endeavors.

Golf

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

tula:

Rocketman, I just have to ask a few questions. Please indulge me.

I think that if you read the thread closely, you will see that Rocketman isn't posting for responses; he's simply 'reporting in', much like a Xmas card.

Rocketman's done with engaging in discussion - that's the whole point.

Ozzie

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yet another year has passed. I stopped by briefly this summer only to find that Jehovah had at last dealt Satan (Simon; starts with an S and has five letters, and has been bent on disrupting God's purposes, so the comparison is apt) a blow, forcing the closing of this board.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

*waves* to rocketman.....good too see you again.

lisa

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thanks for sharing. I could never articulate why I am on here so much, but you hit the nail on the head, I need constant reassurance that I did the right thing. Please do tell how you manage to have a Christmas tree and they never came to DF you and family still speaks to you. Wow, I hope we are in your shoes one day! Thanks again.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wasnt that great to see our beloved Dansk reply to you....? Wasnt he special

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Rocketman:

This is a great thread. I've enjoyed reading it.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Rocketman, good to "see" you again. :)

• rocketman
    rocketman

Mouthy,

It is interesting seeing Dansk's reply...and revisiting this thread each year thus far has been kind of like seeing a snapshot in terms of time and place.

No more kool aid,

We've lighted the tree and, this year, even put decorations outside for the first time (we don't have an outlet out front so it's just a ribbon and bows) but so far, no calls from elders. I do wonder when that might change. It's almost as if we're daring them.

Tex, Lisa, Scarred:

Good seeing you again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit