I'm Fading.... From This Board

by rocketman 50 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

As 2004 winds down and my 4th year of association at this board winds down as well, my posting stats accurately reflect a transitition that been going on for me with respect to the jw religion, a process that is quite natural and healthy. I'm sure that many members have had a similar experience.

Here's a rundown of four years here for me:

Year 1: Still associated with jwism (in fact, still an elder) but questioning it, I found this board which was linked to Freeminds.org and began posting late in the year 2000. Total posts 290, some of which actually are pro-jw.

Year 2: Still attending, but not as frequently. Total posts 710, no pro-jw posts at all. Seriously questioning the religion, I stop engaging in field service later in the year.

Year 3: Quit attending in March. 3,300 posts by year's end reflect the fact that the board has helped tremendously (changed username in late 2002 btw).

Year 4: Total fade complete. Extended family barely brings up the matter any longer (Yay!) Christmas tree is erected and decorated. Total posts: 278, reflecting fact that discussing the religion is now becoming (to me) counterproductive, and I no longer seem to need frequent assurance that I've done the right thing.

Of course, posting stats don't always reflect the level of activity at a board, but in my case it does. Does this mean that I'll eventually leave altogether?

Well, never say never, but I still enjoy it here. After all, not all topics need be jw related. But I'm happy to report that I no longer need the board as I once did - which is a sign of healthy progression away from a religion that dominated my life for so many years.

• franklin J
    franklin J

ciao Rocketman,

good luck to you

Frank

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Glad to hear it. Peace be unto you my brother in apostasy. Have a joyus safe and happy new year!

M'

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Good luck to you!

I too hope to reach this goal soon in the future!

But I am fairly new here and enjoy stopping by, wish I`d have

found this years ago!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Rocket: The goal of recovery is to... recover! And so you have. Congratulations on achieving your goal.

• little witch
    little witch

((((Rocketman))))))

Thankyou for sharing your journey with us. I can relate...

Happy Holidays to you and yours from me and mine!

• Mary
    Mary

Well said Rocketman......

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Enjoy your life ...
    Take care ...

• Dansk
    Dansk

Rocketman,

I've always enjoyed your posts. As someone once said to me when I was about to leave this forum: "It isn't about you - it's about helping others!"

Please remember that. It's what made me stay! Your experience is very much welcomed and you are a real asset. New ones here, especially, would learn a vast amount from you.

Best wishes,

Ian

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Congratulations! Group therapy has done you well.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit