Swan

Cool post Rocketman!

Drop in to visit once in a while.

Merry Christmas!

Tammy

• onacruse
    onacruse

Dear Mr. rocketman:

But I'm happy to report that I no longer need the board as I once did - which is a sign of healthy progression away from a religion that dominated my life for so many years.

We step away, and step back...and step away a little further, and step back even more again, eh?

We've made friends here who will never leave our hearts, and if the internet (and phone system, omg!! LOL) went down tomorrow, we would still know how to meet them!

I like to think of it as a beginning.

Take care, and hold tight against those nasty Nor'easters.

Craig

• rocketman
    rocketman

I hope the title wasn't too misleading....it seems as though some folks are getting the impression that I'm done here. I'm not - it's more like a 'I'm not going to be around as much as I used to' kind of thing, which is already happening as this past year showed, a year in which I posted very little of anything substantive.

Helping others is the noblest of causes, but I found that posting often was simply causing some of my old anger issues with the religion to resurface. I'm trying to reduce the religion to a tiny speck in a out-of-the way corner of my life, and thus dredging it up constantly is something I just cannot do any longer.

But I will be popping in and out. You people are way too cool for me to go bye-bye on a permanent basis!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Rocketman, all the best. I think I am very close to a similar point. But it feels sad and aches quite a bit.

Just reading your lines showed me again: hey, a very similar pattern. And almost the same time...

It has been said that it takes you as long as you had been in the cult to recover. But maybe it takes four years to be on JWD?

Take care.

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

Some things are habitual. Guest77

• rocketman
    rocketman

Almost exactly a year after my intial thread-starting post, an update...

Year 5 - 183 posts. Happy to say that jw religion still rarely comes up in discussion among family. In that respect, my 5th year here was as good as my 4th. The continued decrease in posting still reflects what I feel is a healthy departure from all things jw. This year also featured a nice personal highlight - my first Apostofest, hosted by Funchback in eastern PA. Very cool guy that Funchback! Also discovered that a jwd member (siegswife) lives just minutes away from me, and met lonelysheep and Chia live and in person at the above-mentioned 'fest, which was very cool.

So even though the fading continues, I'm still very much a part of things here, and I still tune in regularly. I just don't open my trap as much as I used to.

• cheezy
    cheezy

Wow....as a Newbie (but very old exjw) it was really neat to read the entire thread, picking up one year later.

Thank you, Rocketman - and I agree that it is healthy to let all this diminish in your thoughts. The anger can be unhealthy with so little outlet for it and that's why the Big News offers potential for activism. Sitting around kvetching can be healing - but after awhile you need to go take a shower and get some fresh air.

• Gill
    Gill

((((((((Rocketman))))))))) So...there's life after being a JW, and then there's life after JWD. It's good news that we get to move on with our lives when our minds become free.

Thanks

Gill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit