3 meetings per week NOT FIVE!!!

by sawthelight 59 Replies latest jw friends

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

am i the only person ever to fall under the influence of the borg who can count?

No offence all but JWs meet three times per week.Not five! I consider the familiar statement about 5 meetings per week to be a good indication of just how indoctrinated a person is. After all i have rarely seen anyone leave the KH after the public talk to skip the "tower". it is even more rare to see someone leave the KH after the ministry school and skip a service meeting(actually i've never heard of it).

Soooo its really only 3 meetings per week, right guys?

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Actually it's SEVEN MTS per week

Monday Tower study at Bethel
    Tues Bookstudy in the hood
    Thur Two boring mts at the KH
    Friday Bethel Entrant school ( More boooring wasted time )
    Sunday Public talk and tower

Throw some Field service and you certainly won't find
    time to live your life.

It was always great to see the response of the dubs
    when I told them I attended 7 meetings.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hi sawthelight,
    I guess you never have been to my Kingdom Hall. Several people leave after the public talk on Sunday. Including myself, when I went! Also, many times I left the Thursday meeting at half-time too. It was getting late, and I want to go to bed before 11:00. Now I know that meeting is supposed to end by 9:20, but by the time I got home and could calm down enough to sleep it was 11:00. So, for myself, there was only 3 meetings, if I went at all!
    Jeremy
    I am a recovering Jehovah's Witness. Yes, it is similar to alcohol. Just ask Judge Rutherford.

• TR
    TR

My JW life:

1) Sunday WT/Public talk
    a)prior Saturday to study WT

2) Tuesday Book Study(BS)
    a)prior Monday to study book

3) Thursday Ministry School/Service meeting
    a)prior Wednesday to study all parts for MS school & service meeting

4) Saturday meeting for field service
    a)prior Friday to prepare for Sat. field service
    b)intermittent weekday mornings for street work

Time for family/personal interests: Part of Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday afternoon= 1 day per week

TR- this is why I left

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
    form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson*

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

Budda Belly

I appreciate your extra load; however, when the statement 5 meetings per week comes up it is usually in regards to the Christian tradition of once per week. so i still say one meeting per visit to KH- part II(the second meeting) is really just the second item on a rather long and boring agenda; no?

jayhawk1

are the people who leave after the public talk baptized? the only one at my former KH who would leave was the uninterested husbund of a sister(i guess showing up for 45 mins was his concession to the nagging). iguess this goes to show how few new ones ever graced my particular hall.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Dear Sawthelight,
    To answer your question, yes. Certainly, bible studies left early, but so did baptised ones. And especially during the fall, because we wanted to watch Football. Everybody has their priorities!

GO TENNESSEE TITANS !!!!!!!!!

• Jang
    Jang

Sunday: Public Talk = 1 meeting
    Sunday: WT Study = 1 meeting
    Tues : Book Study = 1 meeting
    Thurs : T/M School = 1 meeting
    Thurs : Serv Meet = 1 meeting

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

TR
    i agree, none of us had a life. But, what do you think of my assessment of the math (one visit to KH= one congregation meeting). The point i was trying to make is that the org. tells the dubs there are 5 congregation meetings per week when they go to the hall 3 times(for regular cong meetings) vs. "christiandoms" once per week. Everyone accepts this: my point is that all dubs just repeat what they are told.if the borg said black is white they would repeat this. I realize it may SEEM like a small point but i think it is BIG when all the R&F and people who have left still take the statement at face value. I say if you can accept a small lie you are a good candidate to accept a very large lie. What do you think?

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

this is the first time one of my treads has been read 150 times and now it's back at the top.

• tergiversator
    tergiversator

Yeah, I always thought the math was kinda funny too. We didn't have two meetings, we had one meeting with songs at the beginning, middle, and end. In my family, missing one part meant you either suddenly took violently ill and had to be rushed to the hospital, or else were detained by terrorists on your way to the meeting and missed the first part.

-T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit