3 meetings per week NOT FIVE!!!

by sawthelight 59 Replies latest jw friends

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hi sawthelight, i do believe the post limit is 25 for everyone!

:)

• Jay30
    Jay30

Hi sawthelight.

You're from Nova Scotia? I'm right next door on "the rock" -- Newfoundland.
    I didn't know there were any "apostates" in Atlantic Canada - lol!
    How's she goin', b'y?

I've only recently found sites like this - but inactive about 3.5 yrs. Everyone
    in my family and all my former friends are still in the WTS so finding out that
    so many others feel the same is a real eyeopener - I thought apostates
    were all turned to another religion and still JW-wannabes, lol!

I agree with you and LovesDubs; the WTS is deceiving but not really
    lying by saying it's 5 meetings it sounds like the JWs are way more
    dedicated (braindead??) than other religions.

Jay

PS from what I've read, Kent is a pretty smart dude and hilarious, too.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Simon,

You've brought back happy memories!! Six meetings indeed! I wonder how many congregations had that many?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"So often, the unpolished
    the disjointed
    Is on its way to the truth
    Ahead of the finished
    the polished."

Ken Walsh, Sometimes I Weep

• esther
    esther

Hi Simon, we beat you with meetings. We were contacted overseas, so had the meetings in that language, and we also had the Watchtower study and the Book study in English.

esther

• larc
    larc

Question,

Do the sisters still have role play parts in the Theocratic Ministry School, where they are counseled on their stregths and weaknesses?

Back in the 1950's, only men had parts in the TMS. When this was changed, many of the sisters thought that this was wrong, and grumbled about it for awhile.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the sisters still role play even in the newly revised TMS. Now they have 29 settings provided and they have to use them all at least once before going onto a new one. If the sisters didn't role play, it would be considered teaching from the platform and that is not allowed...

The TMS was developed to produce public speakers not to develop preaching skills. Since sisters cannot be public speakers, they did not have to be part of the school. They were blessed :) to be able to attend.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I would usually go home and take a nap. - alone!

• Steve Josef
    Steve Josef

not only are there 5 meetings per week, remember those assemlbies we had to go which where like 10 hours over Saturday and Sunday? Ours were in Monroe NY. Man did they SU UCK!

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

larc
    i can see why the sisters would be upset about extra meeting parts since they've always taken the real lead in doing most of the preaching work.

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

jay30
    welcome aboard. its to bad about your friends and family but maybe you can help them and even get some ideas on this forum.
    as for the number of meetings i think some who have left still say 5 to make things sound even worse than they were although all in all the borg sucked.
    sawthelight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit