The WTBTS's proactive steps at preventing child molestation.

by formerout 140 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• undercover
    undercover
    Well thats what the Bible says:

"Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith."?1 Tim. 5:8.

Name one case where reading the Watchtower, Awake or the Bible and waiting on God or Jesus has prevented a single case of child abuse or brought a child abuser to justice, theocratic or otherwise?

I know some people still believe in Christianity and/or religion of various types and I don't mean to criticize beliefs, but if you sit around waiting on God to take care of things, you are going to be disappointed. He ain't gonna come down and smite the wrongdoers.

I'm not a christian, I don't believe in the Bible as holy...so quoting scriptures doesn't mean squat to me. Give me something tangible that I can work with. WTS writings and ancient manuscripts with no relevance to the subject matter ain't gonna cut it.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    BroBennet: That's not something I would of done, forgiving a person for a sin too gross to even talk about.

There is no sin too gross to talk about. THAT is what must be done to shift the balance of power. The innocence is what creates so many victims. I'm beginning to think FunkyDerek was wrong, you are real. Pathetic, but real.

Disdainfully,
    B_Ing Invisible

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

BroBennett I think you are living proof that the silentlambs.com website is not propoganda.

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

Well what can one Jehovah's Witness do about changing the whole two witness rule along with the head of the family rule? Even with the rule changed what can prevent a child abuse case from starting since this type of sin is liked to a disease? Doesn't it all come down to who you trust? And when a child abuser is caught why not make an example of them and send them all to a brainwash clinic so it can break the cycle?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    undercover: Name one case where reading the Watchtower, Awake or the Bible and waiting on God or Jesus has prevented a single case of child abuse or brought a child abuser to justice, theocratic or otherwise?

Aren't you forgetting all those people who shouted "Jehovah! Help me!" at just the right moment and the assailant fled ?

We used to get stories like that passed around by email and from Circuit and District Assemblies. You don't hear them so much anymore. Probably figured out that the stories could be checked more easily now . BroBennet probably has a file cabinet full of such "faith strengthening" experiences .

• undercover
    undercover

There ya go BB....ask questions. Think for yourself.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    BroBennet: Well what can one Jehovah's Witness do about changing the whole two witness rule along with the head of the family rule?

First sensible question you've asked so far! IGNORE THE RULES! That's what one Jehovah's Witness can do about changing things. Decide for yourself, use your perceptive powers to distinguish between right and wrong. Quit blaming all the crap that is screwed up in the organization on the organization, get off your ass, and do something about it!

Kindly offered on a'counta' you finally asked.

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

I can see what you are saying now, it is not a good idea to be babes to badness since there must be a way to tell if a sin is bad or not in the first place.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Paul said "When I was without law I did not know sin." Right? <click> So... think for yourself and you will see the only way to prevent... <click>

Your gears are starting to turn...

• Brummie
    Brummie

Bro, regardless of the controversy, I can remember defending the WT with every ounze of my breath because I wanted it to be the truth. However, the child abuse racket is not something I could have ever defended them on, I was disgusted by it so much as were other JWs that I knew.

What troubles me now is that JWS are more disgusted by people who dare question the WTower than they are about the children being abused. ALL JWs make a passing comment about how they dont like the abuse and they dont like SL and then spend the rest of thier hours defending the WT. Well the WT has done nothing for you except lie to you, keep you downloaded with guilt, always making you do more more more, what as a Child ever done to you? Defend the kids and stuff the WT, God wont be angry with you.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit