Why do you post?

by Xena 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

In the beginning it was to purge the Witnesses out of my system. Then I found it cathartic somehow. I'd post things I'd never told anyone, I even went so far as to post some short stories I'd written. God knows I never thought I'd do that. Looking back I wish I hadn't posted about some things. And it wasn't like anyone responding really mattered, it was somehow just sending it out that meant the most.

I post now because I get a commission from Simon.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I only post to get to 5000. Now I have no purpose here... :( :P

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey watson, I have it on good authority that when you hit 10,000 posts you receive the secret to the universe

Valis told me it was 42, but he said I'd only understand if I ate a brownie he made.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LMFAO Big Tex!

I want a Valis brownie!

• Nikita
    Nikita

I originally began posting here after my brother (Mr. Biggs/Funchback) told me about you guys. I wanted to get closer to him once again and found him sharing so much about what had been going on in his life-every day, sometimes 3, 6, 12 times/day!- I would peek in and read all his posts and gradually got caught up in all of your lives as well!! I also realized that I still had many issues swept under my own rug that tied into my being an ex-JW. It has been a place of healing for me.

Nikita

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    ...deepfrying my cats...

You might have already tried it but, in a word, here's a tip: kittenkebobs! I highly recommend a dry red to accompany, followed by a slice of marbled cheescake for dessert.

As to the question at hand, I'm still trying to figure out why I post here...

Peace,
    B_Ing Invisible

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Big Tex, I don't know if Valis clued you in but the answer does no good without the question. However, the matrix got screwed up by some errant time-travelers with a Scrabble board with not a blessed thing among them for producing brownian motion and all the kinks had to work themselves out over time. Then, to top it all off, the stupid Vogons had to wreck it all just as a girl at Basingstoke Roundabout had finally figured out what the fuss was all about in the first place.

Forget 42, here's the really important thing: DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR TOWEL IS?

Always being comfortable in the knowledge of the whereabouts of your towel is infinitely more important than fulfilling the whims of some transdimensional beings parading about dressed as laboratory mice! Next time you run into a Ravenous Bug-Blatter beast you'll thank me for these cautioning words, because you'll be wanting a towel to quickly place over your head.

Respectfully,
    Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster Maker

(the effect of which is suspiciously like being smashed in the head by a brick with a lemon wrapped round it)

• JH
    JH

I post because I want to reach 5000 posts very soon.

• Xena
    Xena

Wow 3 pages, ya'll certainly indulged me. Sorry for not responding sooner...tyydyy's mother is dying and dispite our being divorced I am still close to them having been a part of the family for 17 years...that is part of what inspired this post I guess...just wondering myself why I post, what drives me to return here, funny how death tends to make us re-evaluate our own lives.

When I first started posting here 3 years ago I was new exited from the dubs. A fader with my husband and daughter. We lost our friends, family and eventually tyydyy's work because he was employed by a "brother". We went thru some very difficult times, eventually ending up divorced and going our seperate ways. And thru it all I had this board and the people on it...no matter what I was going thru...what time it was...I always knew I would find a friendly, insightful, comforting word here. Whether in chat or posting back and forth.

You guys make me think, cry, laugh and are just there for me when I need you. And that is why I post.

• Valis
    Valis

I still post in hopes of Xena letting me fix her car again..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Deus ex Machina"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit