Why do you post?

by Xena 66 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i post because 1. i'm a message board addict.. belong to 3 or 4 that i post on daily. i read at several more, this being the only ex jw one..the other ex jw sites were to combative or i just didnt fit in there for whatever reason.

2. because i want to know how much of my thinking is fucked up by wtbs and how much of its just me being stupid or something.

3. because i see so many going thru so many stages of leaving.. i'm somewhere in the middle i think. i hate seeing someone tormented thinking they are going to die in armageddon tommorow if they quit going to meetings. and if theres anything i can say to relieve that torment then i'm here for ya.

4. to get a laugh, there are many threads where we can put aside the seriousness of coming out of the wtbs and laugh about it. thats very healing to someone like me.

5..the curiosity that someday i'll run across someone from my old hall that thinks like i do and we can have a good gossip fest about the self righteous ones from our hall.. gawd that would feel good lol

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Oh ... my ... God. The ultimate quandry. I am faced with duplicate Stewie's! Who to believe?!!! One must be the real Stewie while the other must be the evil robotic twin!!!!!

One wants me to eat Valis' brownie, but the other doesn't. Which one to believe??!!!

We're through the looking glass people. I suspect this is all tied in with Area 51, the Roswell incident and JFK.

What would Mr. Spock do?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

[in Stewie's voice]

I am surprised at you... although I can't think why. I should think the answer is obvious! I would have to be DEAD to wear such a hideous hat, well... unless that mammary glanded fiend offered me tapioca to temporarily buy my cooperation... but either way, I certainly wouldn't enjoy the experience. Here is proof!

Besides all that, this wretched imposter looks nothing like me!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Wonderful, excellent, outstanding group therapy for me!

Plus, it's great to communicate with people that are/have been in the same boat I'm in.

DY

• Fleur
    Fleur

I post because I have been helped so much by the knowledge that I'm not alone "out here" (as opposed to 'in there') that I want to help others in the same way, if I can. To remind them that they are not alone, either.

There is so much to learn here...posts like this, gawd JamesThomas, I need kleenex every time I read one of your posts. They're so beautiful and clear, I can only hope and dream that someday such peace and clarity will be mine too.

"Because it may be helpful to be reminded that the Truth is not in beliefs or encased within some other person, place or thing, but rather -- infinitely closer. It is That, which looks out the eyes and reads this now, that is far more than the broken person it believes itself to be; and is Itself the wholeness we seek -- and the end of all suffering." ~JamesThomas

I mean...come on! That is BEAUTIFUL and you can't find that kind of insight other places.

It's kind of like we all served in the same war. There are things we've been through that others can't understand because they just haven't been there. That is why all of us, whoever we are and why-ever we post here, keep coming back, really. Because we need each other, whether we want to admit it or not.

love

essie

• prophecor
    prophecor

I come to post because theres a healing of my soul that I'm in constant search of. Its a little different because I wasn't raised in the truth, per say and I don't carry many of the emotional scars that those of you do who are "Lifers", the damage, however, is still felt everyday.

I try to get a little more distance from the pain of knowing I will probably never return to a KH, and the continued uncertainty of my eternity. Its a wrestling that starts as soon as I awaken and finds me even in my dreams.

So I come here, I put my soul in words that truly no one can understand as we do. While placing my soul on these lines, I look to many of you here who are suffering the same fight, the same war, Essie you stated that so perfectly, and I seek recovery here from the many who place their lives on these lines as well. It is truly a blessing to be ammong you all. There is healing going on here.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Okay, I figured it out. Catharsis. I post here 'cause being invisible gets old...

Peace,
    B_Ing Invisible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit