What is the truth?

by OldSoul 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome OldSoul.

You will find on this discussion board whatever you are looking for. If you want to find anger against the WTBTs, its here. If you want to find bitterness, its here. If you want to find Truth?, it is here. But also here is sympathy, discussions of life after being in a high control group, grieving (all 5 stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) and support from people who have been where you are at.

I can only laugh at your subtle self-righteousness that comes across oh so clearly. To me it means you are still under the spell of the WTBTs and don't know it.

Please stick around and challenge EVERYTHING you think you know. Maybe one day you will know when you are on the path of finding truth.

Hugs,

Joy

• gumby
    gumby
    As a JW, all direction supposedly from God comes through the F&DS.

I never suffered under that delusion.and never has been I am so sorry if you did, but it isn't true of me . I was seven when I asked my mom, "How do you know Jehoavh is real?" I have never found a question that shouldn't be asked. As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, all my direction comes from God's inspired word, the Bible.

I take it you were considered an oddball in the hall who never "progressed" spiritually to the point of ever serving in a position? I say this because you don't even resemble a Jehovah's Witness. You lived a lie as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'd like to ask you......how in the hell did you stick with an Organisation since you were a little boy .....when you don't even believe their concept? Their concept is they are gods channel of communication who imparts truths to honest hearted ones.....yet you don't believe that. Why are you waiting this long to find truth if you didn't believe in the Organisations definition of truth your whole life?

I'll just bet your one of the annointed......aren't ya?

You feel truth you are looking for starts with god and the bible. This tells me you haven't been searching very long.

Gumby

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

the truth ? ... well it have take lots of interpretations, realities and dissapointments along history and people lives (depending on the matter) but where it always matches is that tomorow is an other day.

• dorothy
    dorothy

I don't even care about proving the WT right or wrong on anything anymore. I just know for absolute certain that I can worship God and be confident that I am loved and accepted by him without the unneccessary judgment and criticism from the Watchtower Society. Jesus said the most important thing was to love each other (everyone!!!!! Not just Jehovah's Witnesses). Not exactly the atmosphere at the Kingdom Hall.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Those are some of the same questions I had when I thought about leaving because of policy conflict I had with the WTS.

No one but you can answer those questions, because they are a matter of personal opinion. I did research on both sides of the questions and came to my on conclusions. You will need to to, it is the only way. I know that is not what you want to here but that is the truth. No one can determine that for you.

Some questions I still have no answer for, but gradually I am coming to terms with the shear fact I will never have the answers probably. It makes it hard because as a JW I felt I had all the important questions answered. To leave that comfort spot and really examine the bible closely reading outside literature by bible scholars is something that really makes you squirm in your seat, and to lose sleep wondering.

I firmly believe that some folks just will not ever be happy without the WTS directing their lives. Some stay and and develop their own policies and keep quite about the ones they don't agree with. That is ok if that is what makes them feel comfortable. No one should ever leave if the are feeling forced by someone else. You must follow your heart on this. Yes that powerful muscle the seat of all motivation. I know as a JW we were told how wicked our heart is, but it just is not so. Can it be betray us? Sure, when we lack information and sound reasoning and fear of the unknown.

I won't welcome you since you are uncomfortable with that, but hope you can find the good folks here to talk to that will not freak you out. We're all different and all have come to different conclusions, just as you will.

Sincerely,

Balsam

• seven006
    seven006

Steve,

I am calm. I didn't use one single cuss word the whole day. Judging from this guys style and limited knowledge about anything outside of the cults think by numbers books, I just wanted to play a little.

I'll go stand in the corner now.

Dave

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

My Gawd! OldSoul has a sense of humor! He just might be ok afterall.

Hugs and Peace

Brenda

Thus, we wouldn't know "what is the truth" even if it bit us hard on the nipple.

[Voice of Graham Chapman] Are you intimating that I don't know my wife is true?

[Voice of John Cleese] And now... for something completely different.

I disagree. I basically believe in banging two bricks together. That, my friend, that is truth.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

ThisGuy04,

I find it...interesting...that there's a need to find anything better, before leaving. From my short time on this site, from what I've seen, it's point is to show why/how JW's are wrong in allot of their belief's and have mislead many people, many times; and IMHO, there is allot of evidence to back that up. Isn't the fact that they're wrong enough to want to leave?

I like that.

OldSoul,

I understand your need to find the true light, the true organization, the "faithful slave" somewhere outside the Watchtower if one was to leave it. This is the result of one's paradigm. Are you willing to look at these issues from a different perspective. If so I would be willing to discuss the scriptures with you.

Dave

I just wanted to play a little.

By all means, continue playing.

Steve

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Interesting thread. Curious code though

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Joy,

What? Me? Slightly - ever-so-slightly so's you'd never be able to specifically criticize me for it cause it was always there but somehow just out of reach kind of slightly - full of myself?

Why I never! Wait... I was once a Guvment Agent, spying on the Witnesses... that's a pretty conceited thing to try to do...

I've been accused of that very thing (and much more since we parted company (pun intended)) by some people who were far worse than you. Anyhoo. Steve has offered to discuss scriptures with me, a pasttime I thoroughly enjoyed for years, and I will be happily taking him up on it... of course he already knows I won't be a "soft sell" .

Steve: Are you willing to look at these issues from a different perspective?

Me? Willing to look at issue from a different perspective? It's never been otherwise. I've never been capable of anything else. Teenager's dreams ring a bell? Two elders? Pshaw! Why sweat the crap that doesn't matter?

Dave: I just wanted to play a little.

No problem, you overly protective goof you. No hard feelings and no corner standing for you. You'll get no easy out. I expect a different penance entirely.

• First, and this is ever so important, you must behave as though there were no cross or suspicious feelings on your part.
    • After you have done that, I want two hedges, of varying height for a nice split-level effect with a path running down the middle.
    • Then, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with... A HERRING! <sorry, but I couldn't find a way to insert the startling musical blare so you'll just have to make do without, won't you?>

I was here doing exactly what I said I was doing. In my comunication I am a literalist in most respects, what I leave ambiguous is always ambiguous on purpose. I was looking for openended responses. As I said before, I respect the ideas and beliefs of anyone and everyone. I try very hard to treat everyone like a human being should be treated.

Since those sorts of behavior are so very much a part of me, and since I have no control over the choices others make in those respects no matter what organization I am affiliated with, doctrine matters to me personally. I'm not trying to impose that on anyone else. I think Steve understands my approach and objectives in coming here as I expected he would.

Well met, one and all! And now... [waves the food bearers forward from stage right] WE FEAST!!

Respectfully,
    B_Ing Invisible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit