Last nights meeting...

by DATA-DOG 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ah, TOMO! Thank you for the adjusted view! May your pants never grow tight and your socks be forever dull! 

DD  ( Tomo arigato, Mr. Aposto...) 😝

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    I can't remember the last time I heard it admonished to actually open the Bible at the door. The brother who gave the part in our cong. said that the org is pushing us to use JW.org in the ministry and to play the videos because it captivates the people seeing them. I think the org is going to have to rename themselves, "Watchtower Tract and Video Society".
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think the kid in the video seems about 12 or 13. As other posters have said, it'll influence young children (8 to 10) to start working towards baptism (handing the rest of their lives over to a corporation). 

It's good to remember that, according to the bible, Jesus got baptised at about 30 years old.

• millie210
    millie210

Its been interesting reading everyones ideas of how old the the kid in the video is. I think it was planned that way. For people who WILL go very young with baptism - here is their role model.

For people who caution it shouldnt be a "child" well.......hes really "12-13 dontcha know" wink wink

I am basing my idea on the fact that we know they have always elaborately staged their illustrated work in publications and then encouraged people to derive meaning and comment on them at meetings.

They are finding that things they have put in to words have come back to bite them.  Its very hard to be held accountable for things you put in to a picture.

Thus the ambiguously aged boy.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Its been interesting reading everyones ideas of how old the the kid in the video is. I think it was planned that way. For people who WILL go very young with baptism - here is their role model.

For people who caution it shouldnt be a "child" well.......hes really "12-13 dontcha know" wink wink

I am basing my idea on the fact that we know they have always elaborately staged their illustrated work in publications and then encouraged people to derive meaning and comment on them at meetings.

They are finding that things they have put in to words have come back to bite them.  Its very hard to be held accountable for things you put in to a picture.

Yep, the kid is sorta an ink-blot test.  No matter what an individual JW thinks is the perfect age for baptism, they'll think the kid is that age.  

The "what can we glean from the picture on page 12" questions at the meetings are always so irritating to me.  From people's comments it's like they think because someone can stage a scene or, better yet, draw a picture that's proof that it's an accurate portrayal of reality.  It's almost like the joke I've seen on TV shows a couple times - where the stupid character says something that rhymes as if the very fact that it rhymes makes it a true statement.

In any event, the kid is young but certainly not 6-7 years old and I've seen kids that young getting dunked.  Even being older than that, what does every kid want? to be older.  If they see a cartoon of an older kid getting dunked, they'll want to do it as a sign of their maturity.  If they see a younger kid getting dunked, they'll feel guilty or inadequate.  It's win/win for them.

• clarity
    clarity

Kids like to play house. They mimic the adult.

Watchtower in all its faulty wisdom, shows them how it's done!

Looking at the soft tiny hands on that kid in the water says it all.

Not only are those hands not capable of taking on & grasping the work of a full grown man ....... neither is his brain.

Tight pants Tony is looking forward to the day when these cartoons will fill in for them & be watched at every meeting!  Even at the one day assemblies!  

Oh wait .....that could be a huge improvement!

clarity    

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

"Watchtower Tract and Video Society".

That's a good one. Perhaps though it will need to be changed to Watchtower Tablet &Video Society. As a matter of fact I am going to start using that phrase from now on.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    ...there was a time when I was in when the org/jw/wt stood for pure worship of a loving and patient god....meeetings and study material was solid and constructive...positive and heartwarming.encouraging all of us to work together and reach out to one another...the bible really did seem true...a real message from god.....elders were loving and caring...approachable......but now...when I see stuff like this topic and random wt articles spouting forth hate for weaker ones...I am saddened and even angry....wishy washy doctrines...isolationism from the real world....trapped young people with no viable or painless way to walk out into the real world and pursue careers and education and be really useful to others.....this cartoon dvd is almost..almost rock bottom....
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Our co got onto a sister for calling them what they are, CARTOONS!

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    I need to stop watching these videos it just makes me angry.  That poor little girl sitting alone on the bus all sad.  That was me in grade school because of this horrid religion.  And now no family because they are all still brainwashed in that cult and they shun me.  UGH!  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit