Last nights meeting...

by DATA-DOG 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    These people are nuttier than squirrel turds!!!  
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    All I can say is poor poor poor Caleb the guy is so innocent and dumb just the way the WT corporation likes them young dumb and whatever, it's all free labor they can exploit for financial gain. They really need to use his nut case mom in a 'don't forget to take your anti depression meds video' which would have all the sisters on medication gushing all sorts of praise.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Okay I'm sorry to have to do this but I have to splash some cold water on this discussion.
    I sucked it up and watched the video with the child baptism. It was a song entitled beloved son.there was some animation around the song. It is playing me for young children to see however the child being baptized is not Caleb and he is not 10 years old. After watching it he is likely supposed to be a teenager perhaps 13 or 14.I agree that this is still too young however it is NOT caleb. 
    Again I am not a watch tower apologist by any means however I do feel it is critical that we call them on things that are legitimate. Otherwise we undermine our efforts to call attention to things that are truly a problem.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

To hear adults gushing over Caleb videos as if they were some kind of advanced teaching aid or actually taught something amazing, well, it was horrific. To hear them say it was from "Jeehoober", even more so. 

What the WTBTS has accomplished is to skillfully blend their religion with their corporate culture which results in a blurring of the lines when it comes to their bible beliefs in everyday life.

The WT has greatly extended their control over what entertainment a JW is permitted to enjoy and what they should avoid, what they can read or not read. How much education they should have, their grooming, private sexual practices in the marriage bed, and personal medical decisions.

They have now caught up to what children's cereal companies have always known.......you sell your product by engaging the minds of young children.

Since cartoons are a strong magnet for young children the WT is now in the business of borgasizing the young ones.  It is horrific.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    After watching it he is likely supposed to be a teenager perhaps 13 or 14.I agree that this is still too young however it is NOT caleb. 

Agree. At youngest, I thought the kid could pass for 12, maybe 11. Insisting he's 10 or younger is like insisting on 607BCE.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Adults giggling to the predictable sound effect laden idiocy of a cartoon and comparing it to some kind of miraculous provision was just too much. I truly felt alone as I sat there, listening to the drones giggle and fawn over a cartoon.

I don't know if I'd rush to judgement based on that.  After all, I'd certainly rather watch a cartoon than sit through a typical meeting part.  Their system was so prepared for the usual dull doom and gloom, do more or you'll die at armageddon BS that they always hear, so a lighthearted cartoon is such a shock to their system - of course they're going to giggle.

Once you're mentally out, the absurdity of it all is really shocking though.  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to miss tonight so I'm glad I won't be sitting though this crap.

• All for show
    All for show

Good thing we didn't go this week, my kids hate the cartoons and ask me to turn them off. I guess I produced rebellious offspring, I never thought I would be so proud! 

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It's been my observations that most JW adults are way more excited and into the Caleb and Sofia nonsense than kids even. 

They do the standard cult thing and ask you "isn't this great..." isn't it wonderful how..." ""isn't our org the best..." with a cracked smile that says inside I'm dying because of this so please agree with me to help me fight rational thought from coming through.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

If kids start getting baptized at 8-12, there is going to be a s*** load of dfings and reprovings in the next 5-10 years.

Teenagers are teenagers after all, baptized or not.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    campaign of hate: If kids start getting baptized at 8-12, there is going to be a s*** load of dfings and reprovings in the next 5-10 years.
    Teenagers are teenagers after all, baptized or not.

All the born-in kids in my home congregation where I grew up got baptized young. The youngest was 10, the oldest they waited was 14. 

This was the 90's also. Pre-teen and early teen baptism has been going on for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit