Last nights meeting...

by DATA-DOG 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• floriferous
    floriferous

The kid illustrated is too young to be baptised...............maybe 12-14 years old at the most. This cartoon is certainly not depicting an adult male & definitely not the 30 year old that Jesus was when he felt ready to be baptised.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I agree CoH, but the df'ings later are what this is all about.  Anyone df'd will be a threat to others and the df'd one will long to get back to the love of the congregation.  And the younger they get dunked the more emotionally invested they are.  I hate it, but thats why they are pushing it.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    _Morpheus you are totally right, baptism is the noose they put around your neck to hang yourself later. and when you are a kid, you don't know better. Once its there is only one way out...
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I completely, entirely, 100%ly, exactly know how you feel, and I think your feelings are totally right.

Why doesn't Jah give them the capacity to answer some serious Bible questions and qualify them to preach rather than give them silly cartoons? Why doesn't he enable them to understand and explain their own teachings?

I would have puked or worse if I had been there. I really don't think I could have tolerated it. They are dumbing down more and more... becoming less and less dignified, less serious, less noble. I want no part of it.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Ugh... I have to sit through this this week.

I was wondering if there was even ONE children's video about Christ. So, I went and looked. The only one that looked promising what the Caleb video "Forgive Freely" based on Eph 4:32. So, I watched it. And in there, the father opened the Bible and read it. He said, "He reminds us at Ephesians 4:32. It says, 'God freely forgave you'." The "He" that the father mentioned was Jehovah.

I looked up Eph 4:32. It says: "But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you."

The LEFT OUT "also by Christ"! Not even a mention of Christ in the ENTIRE video! If you're going to show the Bible being opened and read from, at least read ALL of the verse, not just the parts you want.

I would have thought with the chalkboard and counting of the errors of Caleb and Sophia, they would have at least referred to Christ saying to forgive up to 77 times. But, no. Not a mention of Christ at all.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

The kids being baptized are in the 11-12 range.  The African-American boy near the beginning looked more like 10-12, the boy near the end maybe 12-13.  These are CLEARLY prepubescent boys; way shorter/smaller than their mothers.  This is a definite change from 20-30 years ago.  I was an uber-zealous born-in and got baptized when I was 15.  That was considered an appropriate age.  My husband was also a zealous born-in and he was 15 when dunked as well.  It was not the norm to see pre-teens getting baptized, although if you go back even further (50+ years), it did happen more often, based on what my mother has told me.

This video is aimed at an even younger crowd, however, based on the paradise and other imagery--6-12 years of age or so.  To beseech children to "give your all to me" the way this does is just plain creepy.  

Oh, yeah!  It's a cult.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

A few screen shots as referance.  I also find it creepy that these songs are aimed at such young ones...
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    It was not the norm to see pre-teens getting baptized, although if you go back even further (50+ years), it did happen more often, based on what my mother has told me.

Cadellin, my mother was dunked when she was six years old. Back in 1939 - right at the start of WW2, there was a concerted effort to baptize children. The parents thought it would ensure their children's survival of the impending Armageddon - the Final War. *to add - I spoke to her recently about this - she is now 81. She said this:" When they asked me if I wanted to live forever and survive the war, of course I said Yes. I was only six - I wanted to make my mom and dad happy. I didn't know anything else. i was only six!"

The War years were ripe times for child baptism in the Watchtower - Rutherford did his final appearance at the infamous Children assemblies in 1941 and the assembly report for St. Louis says:

There have been thousands of children at other Watchtower assemblies, but never before were 15,000, who had been previously registered, seated entirely by themselves in the main portion of one of the world's greatest auditoriums. Never before were more than 1,300 children immersed at one time.

The age to register the children at that assembly was all those between 5 to 18. I don't know if any 5 year olds were baptized but there are reports of 6 year olds being immersed at that time. 

• flipper
    flipper

Morpheus- Don't worry about throwing cold water on this discussion. It's just JW insanity we are talkin' about no matter WHAT cartoon the WT Society pumps out.

Toesup- I think you just had the classic best one-liner I have heard this year or in a long time ! " These people are nuttier than squirrel turds " I love it ! Gotta remember that one. Righteous ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper 

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers
    What are you all talking about?!?!  The quality of those videos is as good as anything that Pixar ever made!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit