I need to pray, but this proves there's no one to pray to.

by SixofNine 76 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

As do a hundred other images kicking my head from Falluja and Ramadi and Cote de Ivoire. What else can you say though, but "Jesus Christ!"?

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2913542

A mother cut off the arms of her baby daughte today, then called 911 and waited calmly until authorities arrived, police said.

Dena Schlosser, 35, was charged with capital murder after the girl died at a hospital in Plano, a Dallas suburb. Child-protective authorities said Schlosser had a history of post-partum depression but there had been no signs of violence. Neighbors said she seemed to be a loving, attentive mother.

Authorities said when they arrived at the family's apartment, they found the nearly 11-month-old baby in a bedroom with her arms severed. Schlosser, covered in blood, was sitting in her living room, police spokesman Carl Duke said.

"She wasn't trying to hide," Duke said.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

what a sad horrible thing to happen! . obviously the woman suffered from untreated mental disorders.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

That's one of the most awful things I've ever heard. I can't believe it. It sickens me to think a mother could ever do that to her child. panther

• nilfun
    nilfun

"As do a hundred other images kicking my head from Falluja and Ramadi and Cote de Ivoire." god, my heart just aches for this baby...for them all.

• frenchbabyface
  • simplesally
    simplesally

And this week in the Bay Area......(San Fran)

Baby boy found dead; trauma to chest found - Bay City News Monday, November 22, 2004

Richmond police officers responding this morning to a report of a domestic disturbance discovered the body of an 18-month-old boy, Richmond Police Sgt. Enos Johnson said today.

Police received word around 10:15 a.m. of a disturbance at a home on 563 S. 30th St. in Richmond, Johnson said.

When officers arrived, they found the dead baby, who showed signs of trauma to the chest, Johnson said.

Three of the baby's adult family members were taken to the Police Department to be interviewed, Johnson said.

It is not known at this time if any of the adults were the baby's parents, according to Johnson.

This is the second time in a month that a baby in Richmond has died.

On Oct. 23, 14-month-old Nora Ocampo died from injuries police believe she may have suffered at the hands of her mother or her mother's boyfriend.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

While things like this will naturally be depressing, the reaction from you guys just shows that you care. As for prayer, what if you forgot about who to pray to, but just who to pray for? It doesn't even have to be prayer, and in that sense you might be doing it already.

• anuva
    anuva

it is truely painful what you have described, but the truth is this that , the face of humanity is alive , and it is due to some caring and compassionate people who mean to learn the pain of others and try their best to lessen it . and i feel you are one of them , proud of yourself . the incident of mentally disorder mother gave sad tears for baby, it was no her fault to be killed this way , yes we have no way but to pray to jesus to give sanity and compassion to all. about fallujah and other places in iraq , i would like to share this thought of mine that it is clearly a man made tragedy in which corporate interests are trying to occupy a country , we all must do everything possible to reject every move that is designed to exploit poor people . may god halp us all to be more humane anuva

• Panda
    Panda

MfromC, If we pray to some being --- asupposedly superior and loving being we should expect bad things NOT to happen, especially to infants. And in fact when you consider Andrea Yates situation she had been in a destructive cult. Her devout and non-materialistic husband had her living in a bus with all but one of those kids. And of course they had to be homeschooled (yes even in the bus). Of course he went off to NASA to work with his fellow rocket scientists and she was left with bus care. So any emotional trouble she'd had was exponentially increased --- thank you patriarchal religion.

Now not all of these women are in Andrea's situation. However when I read that NOTHING was out of the ordinary, well, heck that means no one NO ONE was paying close attention, I'd thought the father of the children would watch them like a hawk ... guess not.

In SanANtonio a woman and her boyfrind starved their child to death. Another couple beat their child on the head.

So no I don't pray to or about any of this. What I do is relate these storoes over and over again. Teach them to young and old so that they'll a bit more carefully

• RAYZORBLADE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit