Dr. Phil wants to talk CULTS

by ChakkaConned 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I'm sure there are some who would make good candidates like the world's largest apostate (my sarcastic label - no offense intended). Randy how about it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

On the other hand, someone who has somebody in could use this show as an appeal to get the other out. It would likely backfire, but, if they are willing to risk that, it would be a tremendous pr blow to the wt. It would be sacrificial, but very effective, imo. There could be a followup on results, showing the wt lashing out at the xmember through the member.

S

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Perhaps he would be willing to hide identities for this subject? You know, the old fuzzy spot over the face, etc...The info needs to get out there....

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I would wonder how they would go about getting the JW to go on in the first place. They would have to say they were going on for a different reason, especially if the x-JW is known to have "apostate" ideals. A bait-and-switch.

Then, would their JW training brainwashing get them to leave once the real purpose for thier visit on the show comes out.

Kwin

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I think it might be a good idea---if "hardened veterans" and well-informed apostates could appear. The thing about the anonymity could be helpful, like I've seen a few years ago (you don't see it as much any more) where the subjects are behind a screen in sillhouette and have a mike that alters the voice, if needed.

I remember one time a number of years ago when Geraldo Rivera had a daytime show---I was a baaaad lady and watched it---about cults. ALL the things that the JWs said, I kept thinking "oh no that's not true!", and I knew that this is why we were supposed to stay away from the bad old 'postates! It wasn't til years later, did I realize that they were telling the truth but all the stuff was hidden from "us" JWs at the time. This is one of the drawbacks because most of the JWs don't KNOW what's going on, and don't recognize the tactics when it's spelled out---I didn't!

Mostly I feel that the "truth" about the trooth will win out and like me, it will eventually sink in to many folks who will undoubtedly be watching.

Annie......who thinks ANY exposure of the WTS is good!

• Dansk
    Dansk

If Dr. Phil will pay my airfare I'll gladly appear on the show!

Might then get to see all my American buddies at the same time

Love,

Ian

• shotgun
    shotgun

Why not send him your story Ian...you are a writer. I could think of no one I would rather have represent the plight of my tribe than you. Your story and your courage would move millions

Hope your doing ok my friend.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I SO agree with Shotgun!

Ian, with your gentle nature and solid knowledge of how the WTS operates, you WOULD be a great candidate!

hugs,

Annie

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ian, I think you should do it. He might jump on it because it's different.

• Dansk
    Dansk

OK, I've written to Dr. Phil and sent him my story 'TORN APART', which most of you are familiar with.

I'll let you know what transpires. I'll get my passport to hand

Love,

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit