Dr. Phil wants to talk CULTS

by ChakkaConned 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

If my child were grown and gone, (and wouldn't suffer consequences from her JW father)I'd do this in a heartbeat. Only for her sake do I stay beneath the radar.

Someday...they won't be able to shut me up. I actually wrote to Dr. Phil several times a couple years ago about the issue and never got a response; later I heard him say that he wouldn't touch religion. Wonder what changed his mind...

Good luck Ian, I hope that you get to tell the story for us.

• kls
    kls

Ian you would be great on the show if you are up to do it. You come first Ian.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi All,

Here's Dr. Phil's e-mail reply (a standard automated one, but who knows what could happen?).

<Dear Ian Hinze,

Thank you for emailing Dr. Phil. This is just a quick note to let you know that your message has been received and is important to us. However, due to the volume of e-mail we get, we are not able to respond to every one personally.

If your e-mail expressed interest in being a guest on the show, a producer may follow up with you, but this is not a guarantee.

If you have written requesting reservations to a taping of the show, an audience representative should call you within a week. Please be patient.

Thanks again for your interest in the show.

Sincerely,

The Dr. Phil Staff>

To be honest, I'm not optimistic about receiving further contact. However, they've got my story now and it might just get them thinking. I guess they'd rather have "locals" on the show, too, rather than flying a Brit over . Whatever, anything that can highlight the cultic hold of this family-destroying organisation has got to be a positive step.

Love to all,

Ian

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thank you Ian for writing in. Hope you are feeling well these days. Your story is a heart breaker for sure, and as we know many others have similar experiences. Hope others send in their stories - could get the ball rollin' on public awareness.

Many friends have suggested that I write to him. lol - Don't you find that the story is such a web of evil mess that to explain it to someone, who has never come in contact with it, is a little difficult?

Maybe they'd look at a case from another country to keep it at arms length? No one would want to think this goes on in their own neighbourhood and no one is speaking out !

But can you imagine the audience identifying with your story and taking off the rose coloured glasses for good?

Did you mention this place in your letter? Would they investigate? That is one show I will not miss.

will P

• Will Power
    Will Power

p.s. maybe someday they'll stop referring to this dangerous high control group as a religion and start calling it what it really is.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The problem is JWs is not a cult. It is a comic book club that thinks its a religion. Maybe he could put it in a segment "Hobbies people take too seriously" you know you can have trekkies, civil war renactment buffs, comic book collectors, beanie baby freaks, and JWs.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Beanie baby freaks don't reject their young for not following their obsession. XQ, I maintain you have a warped view of reality as long as you remain sheltered from the world at large.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Unbelieveable that because of someone's carelessness, you can get baby walkers banned but ........

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

The good doctor is asking to speak to people who have family members who are involved with a cult. I don't know what could possibly be accomplished by talking with these people since they are not the ones in the cult. What advise or help can he give to them? Tell them to hire a deprogrammer? Show them how to REASON with their loved one in the cult? Their loved one is in a cult, for christ sake! I can't see how this show will fly unless he can get people who are actually IN an accused cult to appear as well as their concerned family members. Or, as being said here, EX members. Now that would be interesting and eye opening and maybe truly help someone.

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((HUGS)))Dansk>>>If you do get to the States --I for one will travel that far to see you....

Hear is hoping!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit