WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR?

by Terry 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

HS,

*sigh* you had to quote me before I corrected my spelling error...showing that even perfection is slightly flawed

and for the right person I come with a lifetime warrenty

• Mulan
    Mulan
    don't have a picture of her anywhere in the house, but she sneaks into my mirror every chance she gets

I know what you mean. I don't look like my mother at all, but there is a fat old gal that keeps jumping in front of me at the mirror. Who is that?

I really am satisfied with my face and hair, etc. I've never liked my nose but my niece, my daughter and my granddaughter all have the same nose, and it looks beautiful on them, so it must be all right. I inherited a wobbly neck (double chin) and have to weigh practically nothing to have that go away, so have accepted that too. I don't weigh what I would like to weigh, but I haven't for most of my adult life, even when it was only 10 pounds, I wasn't satisfied, so I think that is a deep core issue with me.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

• I see a waistline and thighs that are harder and harder to keep trim. But I see a girl who's overcome an eating disorder.
    • I see more wrinkles on my hands and face. But I see a girl who loves to laugh and enjoys the sun on her face.
    • I see gray hairs that stubbornly stick around even when I pluck them out. But I see that the rest of my hair is still there and it's rather pretty.
    • I see tired eyes. But I see a soul at peace in those eyes, despite the losses in her life.

I am very critical of my appearance, but it helps to have a husband that truly thinks I'm beautiful no matter what. He tells me he loves me and that I'm beautiful all the time. The only reason I believe him is because I believe he's beautiful no matter what. In spite of the aging, I feel sexier, more intelligent, more aware, and more in tune with me and those around me than I ever have in my life. I miss the ability to eat whatever I want without worry, but with the confidence I have now, I can't say I'd change it.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I SEE A MAN WHO WILL BE 69 THIS NOVEMBER.

LOST SOME HAIR, FEELING THE EFFECTS OF AGING. DOESN'T LOOK 69, STILL ACTIVE AND ALL THE SYSTEMS STILL WORK.

BEEN THROUGH SOME SHIT IN LIFE. STILL SMILES AND HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR.

STILL HAVE ALL MY TEETH AND JUST A LITTLE OVERWEIGHT. PHYSICALLY I LOOK PRETTY GOOD.

I AM SATISFIED WITH MYSELF, HOW I ACT AND WHERE I AM NOW IN LIFE.

I SEE NO POINT IN BEING UNHAPPY WITH MYSELF OR DEGRADING MYSELF. IT WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING WORTH WHILE.

Outoftheorg

• Corvin
    Corvin

I still see someone who should have made that audition, who should have beat Brad Pitt out of his role in Cool World. JK

I see a man-child who isn't finished with life, not by a long-shot. But I know I am going to die in my mid fourties, but not before I know my kids and my grandkids are happy and safe from the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. That's all I need.

Corvin

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am seeing an older woman with a lot of overweight (for at least 50 years, and finally I am used to it)

and there is nothing that remembers me of my mother: she was a little lady (with no overweight at all)

• twolips
    twolips

what I see is a story of my life.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

First of all Terry,

If that is really you in the picture...........then I wish I still looked that good. I'm 57 ...soon to be 58 and would like to have your hair.

When I look in the mirror I see a man who used to think that he would always be ok...someone who could handle anything that came along. Now I see someone who has been beaten down by the 'borg'.......but someone who still hangs on with all the 'strength' he can muster.......because life is better than the alternative. I see a man who thought his world was over in April 26, 1996 when his wife (46 yrs. old) died from ovarian cancer. I see a man who at one time thought he lost the only person since the death of his wife who mattered to him.....'MY DAUGHTER'.......but he was wrong. They are closer than ever and have a deep love and affection.....and respect for each other. I see a man who never thought he could or would fall in love again.......but he was wrong........he fell.....and he fell VERY HARD for someone on this board. It was the most beautiful thing he has experienced in years. She felt the same way about him. They remain best friends.......but now.....what he feels... and emotionally and heartfelt put into this relationship is no longer reciprocated to the extent that he would like. I see a man who will continue to do all he can in life and feel that "AGE IS ONLY AN ATTITUDE".

I might be getting older but I refuse to grow up! I WILL SURVIVE.

HappyDad

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I cured that problem. I just don't *look* in the mirror. My husband, when he goes to shave in the morning, always wonders why the cabinet mirror is open. Hehhehe. I *do* have to brush what teeth I have left, after all (lots of bridgework)! When I go to public restrooms, I wash my hands to the side of the mirror. I rush by buildings with ground to ceiling windows on the street level, and I position the mirrors in my truck so that when I look to see who's coming, I don't have to see myself. When I put on makeup (which is rarely), I only use a small compact so I can't see the whole thing. Is it because I don't want to face my age? These days, I'm the one BEHIND the camera, the one that doesn't get too many pix taken of her. So really, when you ask what I see in the mirror, I can safely say "nothing."

Country Girl

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR?

... Me ... like this or like that ... but its always me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit