WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR?

by Terry 61 Replies latest jw friends

I'm quite happy with what I see in every respect, including the physical.

Aging should not mean physical demise. Sure, I'm not what I used to be on a physical level, but you'd never know it by looking at me. I can still wear pants that fit me 20 years ago, and I'm actually stronger now than I was then, both mentally and physically.

Aging will happen whether we like it or not. It's what you do with your life that defines who you are, and the reflection you cast in that mirror.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Fleur:
    No offense taken. I'm a bit of a fan myself.
    I seem to have one of those faces/presences that remind people of someone else. For years dozens and dozens of people have come up to me and told me, "You know, you remind me of so and so." It would happen to me all the time at assemblys and conventions, partly because I spoke at all of them for 20 years or so. One sister at a CA came up and told me, "I went to a concert last night, and I kept thinking how much so and so reminds me of you."
    It's an odd experience. I ask other people if it happens to them, and nowhere near as much as it happens to me. There are about three names that have come up consistently, and I've even had total strangers stop me and say, "Are you so and so??"
    Maybe it's how I look from certain angles, or how I carry myself, because the people they say don't necessarily look exactly alike.
    Even one of my grandkids a few years ago was adamant in declaring that an actor's picture on the cover of a magazine was me!
    Anyone else have this sort of thing happen to them? Do you think it's flattering or not?
    S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit