Blacks and Voting

by Mecurious? 92 Replies latest social current

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

You're in such a rush to brush me off as some ignorant white guy that you can't even understand my point
    Seriously dude, I thought you were a black man. Albeit a light skinned one!

Even folks who are below the poverty line you will see the cable, the cell phones, the designer clothes or you have blacks who have a few coins like another one of may neighbors

he is self employed making a few coins,and spending every dime- he has a S500 for the wife, he drives a BMW 325i HIGH PREFORMANCE EDITIONS- He has a Navigator sitting on "22's" with spinners ( for my white friends that is 22 in tires/rims) smile-- i know i am bad- smile

as well a a customize PT crusiser and this summer he picked up a Ninja motorcyle- the funny part he complains about how it is so expensive to own and drive

J-T I know that you aren't saying that there's anything wrong with having these things. Maybe he can afford them and maybe he likes alot of toys. I wouldn't care if he could afford and drive a Lamborghini Diablo roadster. As long as he didn't steal them whats the problem? Alot of people get caught up in materialism white or black.

But, your right about the blacks who live in poverty and feel compeled to go out and spend what little they do have. Its something I've never understood.

But lets get back to the point. I didn't start this thread to argue over race. But I should have known better these threads always digress into who's right and whos wrong. I was simply looking for some answers that I could share with my friends about voting, since its my first time too.

Boy the borg sure did a number on alot of people.

But hey go ahead and have your fun guys. Not sure that I feel up to the race debate stuff anymore though.

Peace

M'

Thanks funky:

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

And the myth continues.....

NATION'S POVERTY RATE PLUNGES TO A 21 YEAR LOW
    poverty line:
    1999 FAM,OF 4 $17,029
    1999 FAM OF 3 $13,290
    Poverty rates reach historic lows except for white
    23.6 27,910 Af Am
    22.8 30,375 Hispanic
    10.7 51,025 Asian PI
    7.7 44,366 NonH white

Black Hispanic poverty about the same, Asians higher
    poverty but also higher household income vs whites

\doc\web\96\07\incpov.txt
    Median household income 1994, 1995 and
    1995 poverty rate by group
    1994 1995 95 pov
    Race
    NHwhite 35766 36121 8.5
    black 21623 22393 29.3
    hisp 24085 22860 30.3(2)
    asian 41629 40614 14.6
    all 34076 13.8
    Immigration status
    native-born 13.0
    for-born 22.2
    naturalized 10.7
    for-noncit 27.8

(2) first time Hispanic poverty is higher than black

• bigboi
    bigboi
    No, just refuting false claims. the Black race. And as I have shown, you have only propagated a Myth that hurts, not help, your race.Your implication was Reagan went out of his way to insult

I didn't imply any such thing. I merely gave my opinion as to why most Blacks don't vote Republican.

Why do you think Ronald Reagan chose Philadelphia, Mississippi ( the place known only for the murders of 4 civil rights workers) as the site to give his first major campaign speech for the Presidency?

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Why do you think Ronald Reagan chose Philadelphia, Mississippi ( the place known only for the murders of 4 civil rights workers) as the site to give his first major campaign speech for the Presidency?

Wait a minute, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. What reason are you saying that Reagan chose Philadelphia, Mississippi for his first major campaign speech?

• mkr32208
  • bigboi
    bigboi
    Wait a minute, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. What reason are you saying that Reagan chose Philadelphia, Mississippi for his first major campaign speech?

IMO, he was just doing typical Republican race-baiting. Didn't you read the article I linked? It's pretty much in line with what I think about the subject.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I missed this earlier.

You're joking right? So here in Chicago when Mayor Daley goes to Jesse Jackson and says "pssst...I need you to make sure I get the black vote and in return I'll make sure you get blah blah..."

It's probably not much differnt then NRA vote, the catholic vote, the rich white business man vote. All I'm saying is when I read read articles that sight the 50% drop out rate among black Americans or when I read about the conditions of inner city schools, I just wonder who's benifiting the most when blacks almost automatically vote democrat. Is it the black community or certain black leaders? Nothing has changed with these schools for the last 20 years. Why?

But, whatever. I try and do my part through my church and through the YMCA. I'm sure most black americans could don't care what I have to say as I'm sure most white Americans wouldn't listen to your ideas. Perhaps that's the problem.

I think I'm beginning to see your point. You seem to be implying that Blacks are suffering because when it comes to voting they are 'putting their eggs in one basket' so to speak by voting over whelmingly Democratic. That could very well be true. However, my point here never was to justify voting patterns. I was simply answering your question concerning those voting patterns. I'm glad you were able to get some things off your chest, though.

• bigboi
    bigboi

JT,

Am I correct in saying that you think the Black people who could have voted but stayed home during the 2000 election are responsible for Black voters being disenfranchised during said election?

• teejay
    teejay
    the problem with blacks today is eveyone wants to tell the story of how "whitey" did them wrong, nothing wrong with that cause most blacks can indeed tell the story including myself, but to keep BI**&ing and MOANING ABOUT whitey "Ain't" helping the cause -

when one looks at the data of black wealth it is embaraasing to see how much $$$$$ flows thru our hands and communities- we can find the Phat Farm, Tommy wear- Cognac, the Esclades, and every hip hop song around, yet when it comes to the more important things we fail to step up to the plate-

My goodness, JT!

If I didn't know better, I'd say there was a little bit of self-loathing going there.

At the beginning of the thread, Mecurious simply asked why blacks don't vote. Did you even come close to commenting on his question?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Never mind. I was posting a link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit