by Mecurious? 92 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You negroes really let us down this year

Sincerely,

The Man

• bigboi
    bigboi
    NOPE, those who stayed home could have made a difference- i am sure more than 500 black folks in FL stayed home, I have more folks in my subdivision than that

The fact that an unknown number of Blacks stayed home during Nov. 2, 2000 is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that those who chose to exercise their right to vote were prevented from doing so.

as for being disenfranchised- I agree many are, but this is the problem- if the man is completely and 100% responsible and he decides never to change his views, then following your logic, black folks are doomed since we will not be able to get beyond our disenfranchisment UNTIL THE MAN CHANGES
    PERSONALLy I DON'T BELEIVE we have to sit and wait until THE MAN changes his views to help ourselves, would it be wonderful if THE MAN said, "hey you and i are brothers, cut either one of us and we bleed"

I've never made any such statement here, nor do I believe that anyone must wait 'until the man changes' to do away with disenfranchisement. However, speaking out to effect change is crucial and is the exact opposite of what you imply that folks who complain about "the man" are doing.

yea it would BUT are we suppose to wait till that announcement is made on CNN. or are there things we can do right now to improve our condition
    Dude, that's the thing. You and people like you are the only ones waitin. Here you are on this thread implying that people who complained about being disenfranchised are waiting for "the man" to change. All the while you're waiting for people who never were involved to get involved in the process. You remind me of these self- proclaimed Black leaders who always focus on the Blacks that aren't doing anything while doing little or nothing to actually help the Blacks that are.
  • teejay
    teejay
    Do you beleive that despite all we are exping as black folks- we could be further along regardless of what the greater society does or not?

Yes I believe black people could be further along than we are, but I'm afraid the reason we aren't isn't as simple as you try to make it out when you mention the clothes **some** blacks choose to wear or the cars **some** blacks prefer to drive.

or do you beleive that until the greater soiety accepts us a full brother and equals the conditions of the black community must remain as it is?

No, but who on here ? other that YOU ? has said anything even closely defeatist as that?

i'm not in anyway saying that racism is not alive and well , my only point is, OK it's here, so what do we do? I beleive that despite it we still can do better than we are, do you believe that ?

I absolutely believe that. And if you would take the time to stop focusing on the handful of blacks who are misguided in the use of their money and look at the larger percentage of blacks who are working hard and doing better in every way than their parents did, I think you'd be less negative about what today's blacks are doing.

I tellya, Bruh... of all the people posting on threads like these, you are just about the most condescending, most racist, and (seemingly) the least understanding of blacks than almost anyone else I see posting on this board. That's why I said earlier that you have more than your share of self-hatred 'cause, last time I checked, you's black, too, Homey. You are putting people down in ways that others have put you and yours down for hundreds of years. Are you really so much better?

I think it's sad for you to be about the only one on this board who almost ALWAYS ignores the good we try to do while focusing, in condescending tones no less, on what's wrong with blacks when black issues come up. Yes, there are problems in the black community ? no black person on here has ever denied that. There are also ongoing systemic problems bearing down on the black community stemming from centuries ? CENTURIES ? of governmental decrees that have purposely targeted blacks, as you well know. It's only been a single generation or so?the last, say, 40yrs?that blacks have even had a shot at struggling for the kind of life that others have taken for granted for generations. The problems inherent in the community won't be erased overnight.

But many blacks are trying and many are succeeding in working through the problems that have plagued us for so long, despite continuing efforts from some in high places to inhibit minority progress and despite your apparent ignorance of that fact. That's what Bigboi has been trying to get across to you, apparently with little effect. In 2000, there were thousands... THOUSANDS... of blacks (mostly in Fla) who did their civic duty, demonstrated love of country, by standing in line FOR HOURS and had their votes nullified anyway. Instead of acknowledging the crime that was perpetrated against these patriotic (and black) Americans, you prefer to talk about those who DIDN'T vote, what clothes they wear, what cars they drive. Frankly, JT, I found your post extremely offensive. I saw little difference between your words of loathing and condescension toward people of your own kind than what I'd expect to see from some ignorant neo-nazi.

If you were really interested in improving the image of blacks, instead of pointing out the flaws of others you can't control, I suggest you become more constructive in enhancing our image by working on those things you CAN control, e.g.: write more grammatically; learn how to spell; learn when to capitalize and not capitalize; learn that eight paragraph breaks are almost always inappropriate... even when writing informally. You have a lot of good things to say, but I'm always embarrassed to see an educated black man writing, in the areas just mentioned, on (at best) a fifth grade level.

Hate to break it down to you, JT, but while you're busy moving on up and wasting no opportunity to point the finger at your less-progressive, less-intelligent, less well-to-do pathetic brothers and sisters, do yourself (and us) a teensy little favor, willya Bro? And what's that favor? Bear in mind that you got your own little plot of ground to hoe just like the rest of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit