No Trespassing!! Breaking news for local JW's.

by Mulan 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

"No Jehovah's Witnesses"

I won't put up such a sign for several reasons.

1. My family members are Jehovah's Witnesses, and I don't want to discourage them from coming to see me any more than they already are.
    2. There are Jehovah's Witnesses who may remember that I used to be one and come looking for me to talk about their doubts.
    3. It is their responsibility to keep their members away from apostates, not mine. If they can't keep their "Do Not Call" lists updated, then I will gladly talk to the unwary publisher who happens by my door. I have a lot to say, if they want to listen. Even if they don't listen then, they know where to come back to talk about their doubts.

I don't preach anymore, but if someone comes to me to ask me about what I know, I will gladly tell them.

Tammy

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    never did in a million years did i think i would be here with you guys.

It's pretty crazy huh?

back on topic...

They think it is so important that it's like if there was a no trespassing sign on a pool and someone was drowning you would have to save their life!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks for the tip, I think I will put up a No Trespassing sign. I was thinking of getting one for another reason. This company sells steaks from a refrigerated truck and I have a neighbor who uses their service. They stop by once a month to try and get me to sign up with them because they are already in the neighborhood. I have just about had enough of them. My wife sleeps during the mid-day and I would hate to have anyone knocking on the door anyway.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Someone above touched on something I've been meaning on bringing up for sometime. I have these fake studies you know. I pose as an interested person and have a couple come over for about 2 months or so before they finally cut me off saying I'm not teachable enough, ask too many questions, just want to argue, are too combative etc. I find that none of the JWs that I encounter these days have the balls that I used to have when it came to arguing the Bible at the door or on the street. I never backed down from anybody. I would spend hours upon hours arguing with one person even if they showed no intention of accepting literature or anything else. I would also study with people for years, not months, even if they never came to the meeting. Did I ever convert anybody? Thankfully no.

My point is: Man! What Pussies these Witnesses are these days! Even a hint of resistence and all you see is dust flying up in your face! The fear they have of any argument is so tremendous that it really is to the point of being a phobia. My God, has there been some announcement that I have missed that has specifically outlawed ( and I chose the word outlawed very carefully) and prohibited to the point of being a disfellowshipping matter if one is found to be debating the Bible at the door?

Another question is: I have often posed as a person who is interested but does not believe in the Bible at all and is athiest and 9 times out of ten the person will full on walk away saying that I first have to figure out that I believe in the Bible on my own before they can study with me because everything they teach is in the Bible. Are these people getting lazy or what?!? I would have jumped on the oportunity to study with ANYONE even if they were Athiest. What is going on out there? Where is the work ethic for Christs sake???!!!

Shawn

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

My aunt put up a "No Jehovahs Witnesses" sign on her door last summer.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I wonder how many calls you'd get if you had a

"Potential Jehovah's Witness Within" Sign?

"Jehovah's Witnesses do it... on the platform", "In Suits", "on doorsteps" blah blah...

It's late.. I'm just posting to pass the time...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www2.townonline.com/concord/policeLogs/view.bg?articleid=611889 Police Log
    Concord Journal, MA -17 minutes ago Thursday Nov 9 2006
    ... handing out literature. Subjects, who were representing Jehovah's Witnesses, were advised to notify Concord Police in the future. At 5 ... Wednesday, Nov. 1 2006

At 12:13 p.m., an anonymous caller on Border Road reported two male subjects going from door to door handing out literature. Subjects, who were representing Jehovah's Witnesses, were advised to notify Concord Police in the future.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

This week at the book study, at all congregations in the U.S., a letter was read saying if you go to a house or property with a "No Trespassing" sign, you must not enter, or knock on the door. You have to leave immediately.

A sign saying "No Solicitors" is too ambiguous, and they are to use their own judgment, and don't have to knock.

If it says "No Jehovah's Witnesses", you also must leave. Don't try to talk to them.

I thought this was pretty interesting. There must be some lawsuits out there.

Just goes to show that most here don't keep up with their news in the hall. I've known this since I was attending the kingdom hall back in 1996. So this is nothing new, basically if there's a no tresspasing sing, we never entered the premises.

Now some followed the advice others didn't. But this is nothing new.

• blondie
    blondie

R6, you have to see it from the WT headquarters view.

1) All the legal cases that come to light re trespassing JWs (who seem to have ignored or been ignorant of those directives)

2) All the JWs that ignore the Do Not Call Slips in the territories and call anyway (I knew many JWs who did that thinking that they were saving these people or giving them a chance at life).

3) That when this came out, 2 cases appeared in the media, one notable one in Australia, where JWs had disregarded the No Trespassing signs.

Don't make the mistake of thinking because you knew and exercised good sense re trespassing that many other JWs do not and did not.

Blondie (watched many JWs disregard "no trespassing signs" even after I a JW then had warned them but stayed off the property and saw 2 JWs have to go to court and lose because of it, fine $275. The WTS notified the congregation that they would not supply any legal support to JWs that disregarded no trespassing signs.)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.dannyhaszard.com/notrespassing.htm CLICK for
    Tactical & practical tips
    NO TRESPASSING SIGNS

The mighty Watchtower corporation goes up against a small town Stratton Ohio 2002 with limited legal resources to set a Supreme court precedent.

This does not give them the right to intrude trespass on private property even the police need a warrant.

Jehovah's Witnesses predators can not come to my door in Bangor Maine.

Danny Haszard

Town changes rule for religious group

Friday Feb 9 2007 | Providence Journal Members of the Jehovah's Witnesses are free to conduct their door-to-door ministry in town without registering at Town Hall, officials said yesterday.

Town changes rule for religious group

01:00 AM EST on Friday, February 9, 2007
    By John Hill

Journal Staff Writer
    LINCOLN — Members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are free to conduct their door-to-door ministry in town without registering at Town Hall, officials said yesterday. The acknowledgement came after a lawyer for the Witnesses wrote Town Council President Jeremiah T. O’Grady complaining that on Jan. 3, police officers told a group of their ministers that they had to check in with the Police Department before going door to door. Paul D. Polidoro, associate general Counsel for Watchtower Bible Tract and Society of New York Inc., one of the corporations through which the Witnesses operate, wrote O’Grady saying that policy violated a 2002 U.S. Supreme Court decision. Police Chief Robert T. Kells said his officers were unaware of the case law and that in the future, the Jehovah’s Witnesses would be allowed to go about their business unquestioned, at least by the police .They will be allowed to go up the streets, ringing doorbells,” Kells said. “It will be up to the individual at the door to decide whether they wish to entertain what they are offering.” O’Grady agreed. “I am in full agreement with the points made in that letter,” he said. “Clearly, the First Amendment protects both religious practice and speech. Jehovah Witnesses are free to spread their message door to door in Lincoln without informing the police or anyone else.” The town’s soliciting ordinance requires anyone who wishes to engage “in the business as a canvasser, solicitor or salesman calling at residences without the previous consent of the occupant for the purpose of soliciting orders, sales, subscriptions or business of any kind or seeking for information or donations” must first get a license from the town. Those registering are required to provide the police their identification, signature, the name of employer, the nature of the products or services being offered, the names of the manufacturers of them, the organization they represent and their method of operation in town. But in 2002, the U.S. Supreme Court, in a case brought by Polidoro’s clients, threw out a similar Ohio village ordinance that banned some door-to-door solicitations and required registration. The court in an 8-to-1 decision, hailed “the historical importance of door-to-door canvassing and pamphleteering as vehicles for the dissemination of ideas.” A key point was that Jehovah’s Witnesses were not selling anything, but instead offering free literature about their faith. “In Martin [a 1943 case] after cataloging the many groups that rely extensively upon this method of communication, the court summarized that ‘door-to-door distribution of circulars is essential to the poorly financed causes of little people,” the court ruled. “It is offensive,” the decision said, “not ony to the values protected by the First Amendment but to the notion of a free society — that in the context of everyday public discourse a citizen must first inform the government of her desire to speak to her neighbors and then obtain a permit to do so.” [email protected] contact reporter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit