No Trespassing!! Breaking news for local JW's.

by Mulan 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here ya go...

• ChileanRick
    ChileanRick

Hi everybody

Here in Chile, the same letter was explained to all the congregations. It's was interesting to know that the branch office won't help anyone with lawyers or assistance if the publisher doesn't obey to the instructions read in that letter.

The branch office told us we can get in jail, or pay a lot of money if the home owner demands because we don't respect the "NO trespassing" or something like that.

ChileanRick

• Mulan
    Mulan
    It's was interesting to know that the branch office won't help anyone with lawyers or assistance if the publisher doesn't obey to the instructions read in that letter.

I forgot to add that part. Thanks Rick. My friend was appalled that they said that. As for the "No Solicitors", you can knock if you want to, but if the homeowner sues, you are on your own, so my friend said she will just start telling the car group that the house had that sign on it. She went out today (got bullied into it) for an hour, and no one was home..............not one house had one person that came to the door, so they all went home.

• heathen
    heathen

Sounds like we can now exspect them to set up little shanty magazine stands on street corners like kids selling lemonade while playing the old victrola from 1935 and rutherford spouting millions now living will never die ..

When it comes to money it seems it's the only thing that changes WTBTS policy . I tell you what though these people that like to prosecute for trespassing are probably buying girl scout cookies or kirby vacuums so I don't see how any of this can hold up in court anyway .

• Glenmore
    Glenmore

Hmm. Bet you are right about the lawsuits. The WTS cares more about its $'s than its people. I haven't been called on for years, it's a shame as I have a lot to say.

• metatron
    metatron

This is wonderful news! It will encourage EVEN MORE timidity and aversion to the door

to door work, with MORE resultant FAKED hours spent in the "ministry"!

How do you defeat the Watchtower? Easy!

YOU KEEP CHIPPING AWAY AT THEM!

metatron

• Xandria
    Xandria

Thank you for posting this Mulan. I was speaking to a few friends who are Police Officers and my cousin who practices law. They told me specifically what could happen and why it is better to have a No Trespassing Sign than a no solicting one.

You can press charges, they can be fined, arrested and even serve jail time for repeat offenses. If continually disregarded you can even sue for harrasment. The sign gives Officers more bite to the offender. They can ask, "Didn't you read the sign or see the sign?" If it is completely visable in several places then there is no excuse for the trespass.

Regards,

X.

Ps: I can imagine people putting up the signs and barbwire... lol

• heathen
    heathen

I do still think it sad that people can be tried and convicted of inviting others to church . It actually makes no sense especially since the GW campaign of getting religion involved with peoples drug problems and such and spending billions on it I might add .

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    She went out today (got bullied into it) for an hour, and no one was home..............not one house had one person that came to the door, so they all went home.

Sounds like prophecy is being fulfilled and it's time for the preaching work to come to an end:

Isa 6:9 He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on listening, but do not perceive; Keep on looking, but do not understand.' Isa 6:10 "Render the hearts of this people insensitive, Their ears dull, And their eyes dim, Otherwise they might see with their eyes, Hear with their ears, Understand with their hearts, And return and be healed." Isa 6:11 Then I said, "Lord, how long?" And He answered, "Until cities are devastated and without inhabitant, Houses are without people And the land is utterly desolate

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

In the UK and Australia the act of Trespass is actionable in the civil courts i.e. it's not a criminal offense, so the No Trespassing signs have little effect -after all, which landowner is going to take the trouble and cost of pursuing an action for trespass in the civil courts. Likely very little if any damages would be awarded.

I'm wondering if trespassing is a civil or criminal offense in the USA? Is it viewed the same as in the UK?

I note Blondie's comments about "fines" being awarded which indicates a criminal action.

It intrigues me that the WTS should be running scared of those type of suits - anyone know of any cases?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit