Are we heading for III World War?

by abiather 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

Abiathar,

We live in a world that has problems, and those problems have to be solved by rational men who require evidence and facts. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Perry? We have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the religious, and you curse the rationals and the atheists. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know. That religion’s death, while tragic to you, saves lives. And the existence of me and those like me, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at church, you want us on that wall; you need us on that wall. We use words like rational, evidence, facts. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket that the rationals and the evidence based provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a rational thought and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think about my mocking and ridicule.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The machinations of war have zilch to do with ancient writings.

Wait!  Are you saying that Jehoober didn't really tell those goat herders exactly what would happen in the future?

lol.. isn't it funny how people believe that Gawd took the time to tell those folks ground breaking information about the future, but somehow failed to simply provide information on proper sanitation procedures, or how to easily make fire?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I see no indications that the situation is about to escalate beyond more sanctions on Russia.  THe US and EU are playing the long game and using a controlled and methodological system to slow, halt, and turn back Russia's annexation.  Talk of "total warfare" is laughable.  

The US and Russia are not going to have a nuclear exchange over Ukraine.  As WOPR found out in the movie Wargames - the only way to win a nuclear war is by not playing.  

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Ah DJS, your last paragraph has echoes of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.
  • DJS
    DJS

The Gladiator,

All of it is. ;-) With a few minor adjustments.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    US and Russia are not going to have a nuclear exchange over Ukraine.  As WOPR found out in the movie Wargames - the only way to win a nuclear war is by

I was thinking this same thing. The only thing I would say as a different position from the rest of your post is I could see things getting to at least some warfare - but not WW3. I hold this opinion only because of something Obama recently said, where he indicated that America would give lethal aid to Ukraine if talks don't work. If that happens, I could see Russia flexing its muscle a bit and just maybe that'd bring on a war with them, but not nuclear - no way. 

Look at what Russia did with the UK recently, flying their bombers through (or was it close to) their airspace. This to me is VERY risky, it's like playing poker and your opponent raises the pot by some huge amount - I wouldn't call the bluff.

• a watcher
    a watcher
    I dare them to start something, because when they do, Jehovah will finish it.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

According to Star Trek canon, WWIII will start 11 years from now, and won't end until 2053 (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/World_War_III).

Unfortunately, it gives us no hints as to the identity of the Antichrist.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    According to Star Trek canon, WWIII will start 11 years from now, and won't end until 2053 (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/World_War_III).
    Unfortunately, it gives us no hints as to the identity of the Antichrist. 

Could it be a super-powerful person like Khan Noonien Singh?  He could be over 40 or perhaps a bit over 60 right now.   Actually, the Star Trek history is off a bit and we are behind, so he could be younger.  The newer movies reminded us that history can be changed, so maybe we are about to enter the time when the "supermen" created by science will be revealed.  (Hey, this is just as valid as Nostradamus or Perry's "Revelation" story.) 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pshhh.

History can so be changed.

James Cameron said so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit