WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON INTELLIGENCE?

by Terry 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Intelligent people know who they are. It's the idiots who don't know who they are. That's about it. Farkel

I simply must say that I agree with Farkel.

I repeated myself....didn't I?Gumby

And you did it so redundantly.

I see that most everyone has an area of genius.

Intellectual snobbery irks me.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ah intelligence.. I often pondered on mine, in fact this is a question that bothered me for many years. I have been teased all of my life for being "blonde", and yet when I left school I was pulling a 4.0. In my years in business I'm usually the first person to grasp a new concept and be able to turn around and explain it to someone else. There's another thread about the Revelation Book, when we were studying it I was something like 12. I totally (at the time) got it. My hand was up all the time to the point they ignored me. Now I know that it was total BS, but I could grasp it.

So what is my deal? Like many people (a very high percentage) with Attention Deficit Disorder, my IQ scores in the genius range. But I have a cognitive disorder and my short term memory is not good. To supplement that, though, (again, this is common with ADD folks) my intuition and empathic skills are very high and I can read emotions very well. And yes, over the years I have learned to trust my intuition, its not often wrong.

So does that make me intelligent or not intelligent? Very difficult to say by reading the postings on this thread, and in fact the jury is still out on whether I'm a blonde or actually intelligent.

Mulan, sounds like your brother has ADD too, by the sounds of it, I could be wrong.

Having said all that, I REALLY enjoy conversing with intelligent people. I'm leaving this week to go to a meeting with some of the top genetics people in the country, now there's a fascinating topic. Granted I'm only the event planner for this, I missed out on that higher education being a good dub. But I soak it all in nonetheless.

But what I do NOT enjoy is people that try to OVER intellectualize everything. There is something called Life. Overthinking everything is not going to get you anything but a severe case of insomnia.

Sherry

• Xena
    Xena

In my opinion an intelligent person is one who realizes they don't know it all and is willing to learn.

• gumby
    gumby
    In my opinion an intelligent person is one who realizes they don't know it all and is willing to learn

Hey......how would ya like me to be your teacher my little sweetie ...and teach ya a few things?

Pole.....LMAO ! I did kinda sound like a damn watchtower writer.....didn't I? Btw......'Some people' wasn't just you.....but you were the main focus when I typed it *sticks tongue out at pole*

Gumby

• Xena
    Xena
    Hey......how would ya like me to be your teacher my little sweetie ...and teach ya a few things?

hhhmmm I could put on the Catholic school girl outfit and we could pretend..oh no wait according to Terry that would be lying to you and might turn you into a delusional conspiracy theorist...if you aren't one already

• bem
    bem

Okay I got so caught up in the fun of the moment on this thread I forgot what my opinion is!

otoh, "intuition" holds much mystery, and has, in its own right, been the fundamental source of what is typically called "genius."

In that respect, "intuition" is at one and the same time both a source of fascination to me, and a source of frustration, especially because intuition doesn't conform to the supposed "provability" of life.

I'm continuing on this amazing journey of discovery and learning of "intelligence" mine and the ability/inability to recognize it in others. I for one am very glad that my "intuition" has carried me through and helped in the process of "getting to know people again"

BEMSMOM<---------was married & in the borg and outta the real world far too long. Why I said "getting to know people again!"

Gretchen said:...I have been teased all my life for being "blonde"...yet 4.0 grades....

Gretchen dear don't you notice how so many wanna be "BLONDES" and get theres from a bottle?so maybe blondes have it right after all . I am notablonde just making a point.

Oh and (((((B. S.pantzs))))) thisoneisforyouyousweetintelligent,./gorgeouschild\][ full of typos & love just no drama*muah***

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Brains are nice, but they aren't a patch on being booty-licious.

I mean, who ever bought a smart girl a drink? Now, smart girls buy ME drinks... if they know what's bad for them... heh heh heh...

CZAR

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

bem is a smart lady.. she just called me sweet, intelligent and gorgeous !!

• bem
    bem

(B.) <bem>

• Mulan
    Mulan
    So what is my deal? Like many people (a very high percentage) with Attention Deficit Disorder, my IQ scores in the genius range.

That rings a bell, Sherry.

One of our daughters in law also scores in the genius range, but she has no common sense. She also has ADD and is dyslexic, so was tagged as retarded in elementary school. That's when her parents had an IQ test done, and learned she had a 160 IQ. She is one of the most annoying people you will ever hope to meet.............or not hope to meet. She doesn't seem to be able to discern how she annoys people with her prattle, and "know it all" attitude. We still wonder how our son fell in love with someone like her, but he really loves her and thinks she's great, so we are all trying to adjust and put up with her.

Intelligent?...............the possibility is there. Smart? No.................uh-uh. She can't seem to hold a job either, and we all think she just annoys people until they figure out a way to get rid of her. She just started a new job this week, after being unemployed for months. I really hope she can hold this one for more than six months. She is a medical lab technician, which seems to me to be the perfect job for her..............limited contact with people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit