WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON INTELLIGENCE?

by Terry 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

I alllllllllllllllllllllmost took that Jethro pic for my new avatar. Almost.

When was the last time you felt moved purely by intuition? Did you trust your own feelings at that time? And how would you present the evidence of that experience to others (as if, in the context of "intelligence"), that you could thereby incontrovertibly demonstrate the validity of your intuition, as compared to intelligence?

Your gonna regret this question my friend.

This morning I had this inner feeling that I should take a dump before I left Konocti Harbor(saw "journey" concert.....*brags*) before the trip home. As for the evidence......I might not have flushed......but I'm pretty sure I did....besides, someone else prolly rented the room by now.

Gumbowels

• Pole
    Pole

What a Terrybly general topic.....

• Farkel
    Farkel

: An intelligent person--describe them for us; what are they and what are they not?

Intelligent people know who they are. It's the idiots who don't know who they are.

That's about it.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby

Perhaps many feel this topic hard to respond too because it IS a 'general' topic......but it DOES leave open to discussion the discussing of how 'others' view intelligence.

Some feel that people who KNOW a lot of facts about various subjects are intelligent.........because they KNOW alot of 'stuff'. This paticular person may have only a good memory, yet lack common sense, reasoning ability, or the ability to "understand" the meanings behind the many 'facts' they remember so well.

Intelligence comes in many types in different types of people, and many of these types are not recogonised as intelligent by those who THINK they are intelligent.......Did that make sense?

Remember the show...."Kids say the "darndest" things"?

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby
    It's the idiots who don't know who they are.

Who the HELL am I !!!!!!!!

Good evening Farkmeister.....nice to see you resting during the day so's you can stay up late with the rest of us insomniacs.

Gumby

• Mac
    Mac
    Remember the show...."Kids say the "darndest" things"?

So yer saying life imitates Art......right?

mac

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

The topic of intelligence always baffles me. I read a book a few years ago about how there are 7 kinds of intelligence, and I read Goleman's book, but I have no better idea than before what intelligence of any kind actually is. When I meet people who give me a certain feeling, that they'd be able to grasp any concept they chose to, then I have the feeling they are intelligent.

I'm with Craig, I think intuition is more important than intelligence for survival, and for happiness too. Some people who have no interest in ideas at all do just as well, rather better in fact, than people who are fluent with ideas and concepts.

• gumby
    gumby
    I'm with Craig, I think intuition is more important than intelligence

Me thinks intuition is a "type" of intelligence and is mearly a byproduct of intelligence of a certain type.

I repeated myself....didn't I?

Gumby

• Pole
    Pole

Gumby,

Perhaps many feel this topic hard to respond too because it IS a 'general' topic......

"Many feel" refers to people like me, right? Many feel, some may feel.... where did I hear this language before? Just kidding.

Intelligence comes in many types in different types of people, and many of these types are not recogonised as intelligent by those who THINK they are intelligent.......Did that make sense?

It definitely does. That's why I said the question of what is intelligence is way too general to me.

Emotional intelligence, logical intelligence, musical intelligence, spacial intelligence, mathematical intelligence. You can be a Nobel Prize winner and an emotional dunderhead at the same time - hurting people all the time and overreacting to criticism.

Conversly, you can be poor at exact sciences and humanities, and still an emotional genius who has no problem handling the greaest distress.

I personally know people who are way more intelligent than me in terms of emotional intelligence, but I wouldn't say they are smarter in any other respect.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Gumby

Me thinks intuition is a "type" of intelligence and is mearly a byproduct of intelligence of a certain type.

I repeated myself...didn't I?

Yes, well, I'm a little confused, because I don't know what intuition is either. It might just be the process of reasoning below the conscious level, then it really is just a subset of whatever activites make up intelligence. Uuuurrrrkkk. This subject makes me want to lay down and have a nap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit