Brain surgeon or easy bake oven chef?

by seven006 54 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Pot? I have a crock pot and lots of pots and pans!

• Xena
    Xena
    Brain surgeon or easy bake oven chef?

Both...cause

"I can bring home the bacon

Fry it up in a pan

And never let you forget you're a man

'Cuz I'm a woman --W-O-M-A-N!"

Try counting sheep Dave, I heard that works well for Gumby & FMZ

• bisous
    bisous

Xena, I don't think it is the counting that puts them to sheep sleep ....

• Valis
    Valis
    Try counting sheep Dave, I heard that works well for Gumby & FMZ

um X...that wasn't "counting" of sheep...more like a bit of sport flocking if you ask me..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    It's after 2:45 am in the morning and I'm still awake and starting on my fourth day of no sleep. Well, actually Iv gotten about four hours of brief cat naps in that amount of time. My all time record is five straight nights and days with absolutely no sleep at all. I heard something like that causes brain damage. I can only hope. There is a part of my brain that remembers my screwed up childhood being raised in this damn cult I would be happy to have damaged. Maybe thats part of Stinky's problem?

I think 5 days is my record too. I got it last year around this time. I also didn't eat for those five days and lost 12 pounds, woo-hoo! There can be perks! I've heard that Ambien works well, but sleeping pills don't seem to get me to sleep. I feel really sleepy, but it just doesn't come to me.

As for the brain damage aspect.. well I've seen studies where people couldn't fall asleep and they went 'crazy'. Who knows?

I hope you fare better tonight!

((bem)) You can sing me lullabies anytime!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Well I hope Dave and Stinky have gotten some good sleep! But I liked this article and I hope it can help.

INSOMNIA

Insomnia oe sleeplessness deprives a person of mental rest &
    thereby interferes with his activities in the daytime. Sleep is a periodic state of rest for the body which is absolutely essential for its efficient functioning. It gives relief from tension, rests the brain & body a person wakes up in the morning relaxed after sleep. Normally a person sleeps for 7-8 hours.
    Insomnia is more common among the older people.

Symptoms
    The signs of pathological insomnia are
    1. dramatic changes in the duration & quality of sleep,
    2. persistent changes in sleep patterns,
    3. lapses of memory & lack of concentration during the day.
    4. Other symptoms are emotional instability, loss of coordination, confusion & a lingering feeling of indifference.

Causes
    1. The most common cause of sleeplessness is mental
    tension brought about by anxiety, worries, overwork & over excitement.
    2. Suppressed feeling of resentment, anger & bitterness may also cause insomnia.
    3. Constipation, dyspepsia, overeating, excessive intake of tea or coffee & going to bed hungry are among the other causes.
    4. Smoking is another cause for insomnia as it irritates the nervous system, especially the nerves of the digestive system.

The Cure
    1. Sleeping pills are no remedy for sleeplessness. They are habit forming & become less effective when taken continuously. They lower the I.Q., dull the brain & can prove fatal if taken in excess or before or after alcohol. The side effects of sleeping pills include indigestion, skin rashes, lowered resistance to infection, circulatory & respiratory problems, poor appetite, high blood pressure, kidney & liver problems & mental confusion.
    2. To overcome the problem, one should adhere to a regular sleeping schedule, going to bed at a fixed time each night & getting up at a fixed time each morning. Early to bed & early to rise is a good rule.
    3. Chronic insomnia leads to deficiencies of nutrients as Complex vitamins, & vitamins C & D & also calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese & zinc.

Diet
    1. A balanced diet helps to cure insomnia. Such a diet should exclude white flour products, sugar & its products, tea, coffee, chocolate, cola drinks, alcohol, fatty foods, fried foods containing additives, that is chemicals for preserving, coloring, flavoring & excessive use of salt.
    2. Diet should include fresh fruits, dried fruits, whole cereals, seeds, yogurt, salads & milk. Milk contains tryptophan which induces sleep.

Exercises & Relaxation
    1. Divert your mind with soft music or light reading. While going to bed, visualize a blank black wall, occupying the entire field of vision. Turn your thoughts to light & cheerful matters.
    2. Use light bed cloths & relax.
    3. Do not lie on your back, but on your side with one or both knees brought well up & the head & shoulder slightly forward. During night the position of arms & legs should be changed frequently.
    4. Controlled breathing is also a great help in inducing
    sleep. The method is to lie on your side in bed, & then take three deep breaths expanding the abdomen completely. Then hold your breath as long as you can. Next, take three more breaths & repeat the breath holding. While you hold your breath carbon dioxide accumulates in your body & induces natural sleep.
    5. Exercises enhances the quality & quantity of sleep. Excess stimulates the elimination of lactic acid from the body which correlates the stress & muscular tension. Regular exercises like walking, jogging, swimming, skipping etc. also produces hormonal changes which are beneficial to the body & to sleep pattern.
    6. Yoga helps to tone up the glandular, respiratory & nervous system. It also gives physical & mental relaxation Yogasanas effective for insomnia patients are shirasana, sarvangasana, paschimmottanasana, uttanpadasana, viparitakarni & shavasana.
    7. Hot packs to the spine before retiring, hot fomentation to the spine, hot foot bath at bedtime are all time tested methods. The cold hip bath with the feet in hot water & the prolong neutral immersion bath at bed time are also effective measures.
    8. All efforts should be made to eliminate stress factors. Try to adopt regular relaxation method or meditation technique to relieve stress. Avoid working against unrealistic targets & completing one task before another.

Home Eco-Health Eco-Food Eco-Religion Eco-Aunty-ji
    Yoga Therapy Yogasanas Pranayama Suryanamasker
    Therapeutic Baths & Mud Packs Therapeutic Value of Massage
    Healing Power of Colors
    Nature Cure for Diseases : Acne Allergies Anaemia Arthritis Asthma
    Backache Common Cold Conjunctivitis Constipation Dandruff Depression
    Diabetes Diarrhoea Dysentery Falling of Hair Fatigue Headaches & Migraines
    High blood Cholesterol High Blood Pressure Jaundice Obesity Peptic Ulcer
    Premature Greying of Hair Rheumatism Stress Eczema
    Menstrual Disorders Premenstrual Syndrome Menopausal Problems
    [email protected]

• bem
    bem

(((B))) you are such a sweet heart

I'm sure you do the relaxation thing and tell each individual body part to go to sleep...Or am being too simplistic?

• Valis
    Valis
    I'm sure you do the relaxation thing and tell each individual body part to go to sleep

what if one simply won't lie down and go to sleep?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby
    Xena, I don't think it is the counting that puts them to sheep sleep ....

I hated it when Bisous was always peekin in our room.......sneaky overhormoned little peeker. Always use natural products if you can. Not that I'm hinting or anything. Gumby

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I guess a little of both: I like my brain a little on the well-done side!

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit