Dating a JW info

by Lady Lee 115 Replies latest social relationships

• bestofme123
    bestofme123

This might sound kind of weird, but can someone PLEASE tell me what j-dub means? i could be an answer to a lot of things!!!!!!!

thanks for your help

bestofme123

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

j-dub is short for J-W, i.e. Jehovah's Witnesses

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    is it possible to be a JW but not activly practice it.

There are many on here who are still technically JWs. To remain a JW, but not be disassociated or disfellowshipped is a difficult task. If someone wants to keep their JW status (mostly for the sake of remaining in contact with family), they have to do a slow fade from the religion. Suddenly disappearing will make people take immediate notice.

• bestofme123
    bestofme123

ahh thank you tex!!! now i know what the j-dub symbol on my boyfriends hand means....that is a HUGE help!! thank you!

bestofme123

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    now i know what the j-dub symbol on my boyfriends hand means

Huh? Okay, that one needs some explaining.

• bestofme123
    bestofme123

ok ill try and explain it to you...he always has written in pen j-dub on his hand. i always thought it was some kind of nickname or somthin until tonight cuz his name begins with a j. srry for being unclear

bestofme123

• jgnat
    jgnat

Weeeeeirrrd! J-dub on his hand......

• jgnat
    jgnat

MM, I think it is very cool that you took me up on my advice.

It sounds like you are working through some heavy issues, and realizing that if your BF picks the JW's, he is essentially leaving you. Or at least picking an organization over you. Remember, God created man with a free will. You cannot force your BF to have the same faith as you, just as you cannot let him pick your religion. Let him make his choices as to what he wants to study and listen to. This will speak volumes to you as to what is really important in his life.

If you don't mind, please come back and let me know how it all worked out.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Bestofme and MM:

One thing I do advise is to settle all religious issues and questions BEFORE marriage is even considered as an option. Don't leave things open-ended or left to chance. Don't naively think that you will eventually work out unsettled issues. You get what I'm saying. And most of all, do not take on any possible risk of an accidental pregnancy!

• MM090503
    MM090503

I want to thank everyone who is giving me advice. It really does help to know there are people out there who understand what I am going through. I have people to talk to here, but that don't exactly understand because they've never been in this situation before.

Before I thought there was a possiblity it would all work itself out and this is what I get for ignoring the situation.

The week before Easter this year, I did attend what they called "Jesus' Memorial". I have to admit everyone there was very friendly with me, but I understand what that was all about now. My bf lives with his dad at the moment (long story). His dad is the one influencing the religion on him. I tried to tell my bf that if this is such a good religion why won't his dad get to know me and his reply is because of the religion and because I'm seen as a "bad associate".

The only reason I'm sticking with all of this is because my bf is willing to do try anything if it means him and I can be together. He is not a baptized JW. He has only been "studying" for about ten months now, which is way to much as it is. There is no other family memeber of his that is a JW. It's strictly his dad and as I have realized they caught his dad in a lowpoint in his life-right after a bad divorce so that is how his dad got suckered into this stuff. My bf is 25 and very influential because him and his dad never really had a relationship before. In fact when we started dating, he told me he was afraid of his dad and now with the religion between them, they have a better relationship. Which is also why I think my bf feels he needs to stick with the JW because of the relationship but he won't admit it.

You don't have to worry about me getting into marriage or ignoring anything anymore. Or getting pregnant- we haven't had sex, right from the beginning we decided we wanted to wait and it was our own personal choice not religion. - But thanks for the warnings!

MM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit