Proud to be canadian!

by Nicolas 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Another governor to the canadian economy is the american economy/american big business/american govt. If any segment of the canadian economy/industry gets so asserive that it impacts any parts of the southern juggarnaut in an untoward way, it is quickly slapped down. Trudeau found this out, as did diefenbacker. Military intervention is never needed to accomplish this.

S

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Satanus...

Incredible reply! I love it!

You are absolutely correct: 90%of the Canadian population live within 200 miles of the US border! This truly affects Canada's ability to prosper as well as the USA does.

I also agree that the crack problem is confined to a small demographic of the Canadian population. I am curious where you found your statistic of crack cocaine use in Canada compared to the US, and I am curious what more recent findings are (not ten years old). I find this fascinating - and surprising!

As I understood it... Canadians had an easier access to cocaine due to the ability to trade their Canadian grown (and condsidered 'superior grade') marijuana pound for pound for cocaine. American's didn't have that ability.

Thanks for the comments!

NOdenial

• Satanus
    Satanus

I said .07%, not .05%. It's from http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs07/794/cocaine.htm

S

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Sorry Satanus...

I realized my error and changed my comment ... but you already replied! LOL

Thanks

NOdenial

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Satanus...

What I really appreciated about the report that you showed was that in 1989 1.4% of the Canadian population had used cocaine in the past year. By 1994 (the most current report available..... isn't THAT amazing???!!) the rate had dropped to .07%.

I wonder why there aren't more current statistics on this topic... and what they really are today.

Thanks for the link!

NOdenial

• Satanus
    Satanus

No problem. It's interesting as well, because it notes how the usa is a transshipment port for columian crack/cocaine headed for canada. That reminds me of the reed/cunnungham book, which documented the cia's money making operations importing columbian cocaine. People like g w bush and ollie north were the organisers. Clinton was an enabler.

Reed, a cia agent, blew the whistle and flew the coop. To save his skin, he, his wife, and two kids lived in a winnabego for a long time. It's an interesting book ..."COMPROMISED, The Confluence of IRAN CONTRA and WHITEWATER, Clinton Bush and the CIA"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1883955025/qid=1093492149/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8658244-6884056?v=glance&s=books

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit