Proud to be canadian!

by Nicolas 75 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

jgnat: you are wayyyyyyyyyy to funny!!! I think we gotta meet sometime, ok????

hugs,

Codeblue

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Whilst I do dispute the figure of 1/3 households being a 'grow' operation in BC, it is certainly true that BC and the Islands off its coast are not strangers to grow operation. The remainder of No-Denial posts, while provocative to Canadians, has a very large element of truth attached to them. I have lived both in the USA and Canada a number of times and can speak from a position of non-bias, as I am neither Canadian nor American.

As to the disagreements on this thread, all I can say is that the adage, 'When Nationalism enters the front door, intelligence flies out of the window, has been admirably proved.

I will say though that the terrorists who set up their base command units in Canada love the place. Even the one who planned to blow up Los Angeles airport and was caught at the border entering the US with a trunk full of explosives. He had been caught in Quebec no less than five times in burglary and other crimes while a 'refugee' and freed much to his own admitted amazement, while the taxpayer paid for his rent, food and telephone.

Sometimes Canadians can be, well, just *too* Canadian!

HS

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Hillary...

Very eloquently expressed. I enjoyed your comments.

NO...denial

• boa
    boa

I concur with the thought that nationalism can easily neutralize intelligence...

My post was a tongue-in-cheek response to a canuck (still, it seems) guy I've enjoyed spending time with on chat...

Perhaps the greatest p'off is the arrogant attitude he has in the 'I see it...EVERYONE should as well and AGREE with ME cuz I GOT DA STATS'....well bullox on that idea and I don't need stats to argue with said buddy....I LOVE Canada and would never want to leave due to higher wages, less taxes (read: no Medicare and lower standard of living) or any other reason from this great country....(btw, not everyone enjoys the USofA's attitude towards 'soft' drugs like pot as well as their seeming high tolerance of violence yet prudish fear of sex)

Me thinks NOdenial doth protest too much...perhaps he feels guilty about his new found love...and he can have it and I really don't care or have a problem with it...just don't expect others to see YOUR light due to some shitty stats....keeripes! The dubs have forever taught me to be wary of stats and the great distortion of reality they lend themselves to!

I concur its not personal NOdenial, which is why I still like you and there's no prob on my end between us...but for those of us still in love with our homeland...you're not gonna make friends pal....

And...

I didn't appreciate this:

Oh.... and by the way... I have the right to say what I said and have the feelings that I do - regardless of which side of the border I live on. This discussion was never about SHAMUS, boa, Uzzah, lawrence, michael or any of the other people that found it appropriate to sling insults.

when my post very clearly had multiple 'LOL' to show I was posting with fun in my heart to you.

I am proud to be canadian and can easily discount most of NOdenial's points under the idea of 'cuckoo' LOL

Seriously, there is so much I love about canada that it would take pages to list...other countries including the states have their own supporters (SHAME NOdenial SHAME LOL) and similar reasons they love their own land.

I chalk it all up to some very intense feelings you have right now buddy...no problem unless you really mean I was actually insulting you...

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hmmm...are we still talking about this!

What surprised me was Jgnat's table which clearly shows people fled the US when Armageddon was iminent in 1975...or it may have been the Vietnam thing too.

Can to US / US to CAN

1967 23,442 18,013
    1968 27,662 19,059
    1969 18,582 21,474
    1970 13,804 23,183
    1971 13,128 23,227
    1972 10,776 21,499
    1973 8,951 24,081
    1974 7,654 25,121
    1975 7,308 18,912
    1976 10,096 16,236
    1977 12,688 12,237

No-denial...I'm sure there may be a few neighbourhoods with a 1/3 ratio of grow-ops...I havn't seen them....but I havn't seen demons nor angels either...although if my son came home with a bag of weed and told me he picked it in the neighbours yard I'd be more curious of what he was doing in that back yard picking a bag of weed (very dangerous with justice usually swift from the owners) and then call the cops....after I'd hidden the weed.

Thr problem drug presently is Crystal meth...is that a direvitive of cocaine?

• Mac
    Mac

I'm proud when I go big potty!!!

mac, moose free zone

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Good reply boa!

You are right... your comments were very mild and I probably shouldn't have included you in that list. Sorry for that. I'm all good with us too. :)

I don't expect everyone to agree with the comments that I made. However, when I provided newspaper articles and other sources that support the extent of the issue(s) in Canada, I am not expressing 'opinion'! When I am told that I am uttering "bullshitBullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Absolute and utter ****ing nonsense" (as one individual expressed it), then I ask you, boa: "WHO is the arrogant one?!"

It was for this reason that I persued the topic.

Nonetheless, boa. I appreciate your comments and the polite and respectful way in which you expressed it.

Shotgun: I was fascinated by the immigration statistics as well. The reason I brought it up is to demonstrate that many Canadians (not just me) are finding a greater opportunity in the USA than in Canada. (thus the trend to immigrate south). If Jgnat's formula is correct, then in an average year, there are about 3 times as many people immigrating to the USA than the US immigrating to Canada. If Canada's population is 5.5% that of the USA's (as jgnat suggests) - then that means that:

Per capita, ... (notice I said per capita!) there are approximately 55 times more people moving to the States than American's moving to Canada.

I see a message in that! Don't you?

Respectfully,

NOdenial

PS boa... If people choose not to consider me a 'friend' when I honestly show them what I see, then the problem is theirs not mine. I would rather have friends that are willing to consider another person's observations instead of the ol' JW idea of "I don't wanna hear it - it embarrasses me or makes me uncomfortable". I still consider you my friend though, boa. I believe you are at least objectively looking at the topic. I know this is sensitive for all Canadians (including me!). That's why I brought it up.

• Gerard
    Gerard

If we could just get rid of Parti Quebecois...

Gerard (motie Quebecois)

• Satanus
    Satanus

I guess nontokers would complain about weed growing being subsidised by free electricity. The way to get in on the benefits from is to become a consumer. The other solution is legalisation. Then, it becomes a big industry, like tobacco - electricity gets paid, taxes get paid, etc.

Economic opportunities have been better in the usa for many yrs. It may be partly due to govt, but it is also affected a lot by the geographical shape of the canadian population. Canada's population is basically in the shape of a ribbon near it's southern border. This is not an efficient shape for sales and distribution of goods, and so it is hard to get competitive cost efficiency. Compare this to the american situation. There's nothing wrong w getting your head into the trough.

Nodenial has over stated the crack problem. While it's use was high for a few yrs, by 1994, it had fallen to .07% in canada. Compare this the american usage rates of between 0.5% and 0.6% from 1992 to 1999.

S

• Preston
    Preston

Go Canada!!

Peart is God!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit