Proud to be canadian!

by Nicolas 75 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Canada had a lot going for it. The problem is most if it went. It's heyday was the 70's but it has in the past couple of decades been blighted by a volatile mix of grey Ontario blandness and bureaucratic Mooseshine.

Only Canadian planning would have allowed downtown Vancouver to mimic a sort of miniature downtown Honk Kong in less than a decade. Imagine Italian resteraunts populated by a Chinese chef and four little Chinese waitresses barely able to speak English let alone Italian, cleaning the remnants of Penne from the table cloths. Street gangs of all shapes, sizes and nationalities befuddling the RCMP who generally need no help being befuddled, and a tax system worthy of Pol Pot with a irritating hangover.

Only my opinion of course.

HS

PS - Still prefer it to Honk Kong, but only just.

• boa
    boa

I am proud to be canadian and can easily discount most of NOdenial's points under the idea of 'cuckoo' LOL

Seriously, there is so much I love about canada that it would take pages to list...other countries including the states have their own supporters (SHAME NOdenial SHAME LOL) and similar reasons they love their own land.

I hope I never leave this great land....

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

boa...

I love ya... but you can't argue statistics. Canada is in serious trouble. If you ignore facts... they say you are in denial.

I AM..... (not a proud Canadian)....

I AM.... NOdenial!!

• shamus
    shamus
    Statistic: one in three residences in many areas across Canada are "grow operations". (grow marijuana in their homes). This is true for most of Vancouver, BC; MANY localities across Ontario, Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta, and many areas in Quebec.
    As a gesture of hospitality, many Canadians would offer you a joint as freely as a beer. Marijuana is not a socially offensive product in Canada. (I don't have too much of a problem with this... but read my next point:... )
    The drug of choice across Canada in fact is NOT marijuana - it is crack-cocaine. This is because Canadian marijuana is so desireable around the world, that they are able to trade their marijuana pound for pound for cocaine if they smuggle it across the border into the USA. This is a HUGE issue in Canada. For those of you who understand addictions, you know how addictive cocaine can be. It is an 'emotional addiction' and can REALLY mess people up! Even though you may not be addicted yourself, the addicts 'spin' the people around them to support their addictions, and petty crimes, B&E, car thefts are out of control! It is my opinion that this is the single most serious issue in Canada today. Canadians are completely irrational in so many areas - not because they intend to be... but because they have learned bad behavior and are reacting to their social circle (many of whom they have no idea are addicts).
    Canada's economy is depressed (compared to the USA) and has been this way for at least 25 years. The last time the Canadian dollar was worth more than the American dollar was 1967.

That is perhaps the most warped and ignorant bunch of nonsense I have ever heard.

1 in 3 homes are grow ops. Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Absolute and utter ****ing nonsense.

Drug of choice is crack cocaine. Yeah, where you live. Try moving out of the ghetto. Crack is everywhere. Actually, the drug of choice is alcohol. Second is marijuana.

Also, B and E's out of control... again, move out of the ghetto. Move to a ghetto in the states and you'll have the same thing.

Don't think that you're going to post bullshit on here and think that I'm going to say nothing. Obviously, you have zero facts to back any of this up. If you do, I for one would love to hear it.

Until then, go away grashopper.

• Mulan
    Mulan

And the gymnast who won the Gold Medal today. He was awesome!!

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I love Canada. I love Canadians, But i love the three words Gene Simmons of Kiss said about Canada................................

.............................Ripe for invasion!!!!

That may bring canadians together more than anything has. Maybe we should start doing thorough cavity searches of rock band members before we let them in. They could be hiding weapons of mass disfunction, you know S

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Shamus.....

SHEESH!!

I knew I was gonna get some Canadian pissed at me about my comments! (laughing at YOU!) Like I said earlier.. this isn't about YOU as a Canadian. It's about your (our) society in Canada. Don't take it so personal!

I posted many links to articles on the issues surrounding the drug problem in Canada - and there are tons more if you want them. But you have to be willing to face facts. It doesn't look like you are ready to get out of your denial.

.... I accept your choice... (shrugging my shoulders)

You suggest that I was living in a ghetto! (gawd!!) I lived in the outskirts of Vancouver for 27 years of my life (as well as 7 years in Alberta and 6 years in Quebec). The community that I was talking was middle class, had about an average income of 50,000 to 70,000 dollars per year. The average home sold for 300,000.00 to 650,000.00. (is that ghetto??!!). My divorce attorney is Crown Council in British Columbia. His facts (that I repeated to you) are well published. It is my experience that the B&E issues are without a doubt higher in my years in Canada compared to living in Sacramento, CA (which has an outrageous crank issue) and Seattle WA. Go ahead, Shamus.... argue with me! (whatever!!.......)

How big a problem is this?

According to The Report; January 06, 2003; Ko, Marnie

"Most Canadians pay little attention to news that another marijuana
    grow-operation in a suburban neighbourhood has resulted in arrests and
    seizure of a few hundred pot plants. But would they care more if they
    knew that marijuana operations cost homeowners about $34 apiece extra
    each year on their electricity bills
    ?

According to Klaas Degroot, board chairman of the Electricity
    Distributors Association, Ontario, Canadians should care more, and so
    should the government. Just in Ontario, electricity theft by grow-ops is
    estimated at $1 billion
    , Growers bypass meters and tap directly into
    supply lines so law-enforcement officials will not notice the tenfold
    increase in power consumption."

Shamus.... get your head out of the sand!

I don't know where you live, but if it is Ontario, you may find what the CBC recently said to be interesting:

"Although B.C.'s marijuana industry is often touted as the province's largest cash crop, Ontario's market is much bigger, estimated at $1 billion a year."

The article (found at http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/marijuana/grow_operations.html ) suggests there are 15,000 grow ops in Ontario alone most of which are in a rural setting. I believe that to be a light estimate. (and that ISN'T ghetto!!)

I'm sitting here searching the web... and frankly it's boring to see all these numbers to try and convince this to you. I'm not gonna waste my time. Shamus: Type in your favorite search engine something like "grow operations Canada statistics" or " "Cocaine Canada" or "drug trade Canada'.

I'm sick of the topic. Go look for your own goddam self! sheesh!!!

I will give you some credit though: you were right: Canadian's drug of choice IS alcohol! Please allow me to revise and narrow my original comment to read: "the illegal, addictive drug of choice (which many feel marijuana is not addictive... uh oh... here comes another debate) that most greatly affects Canadians is crack cocaine". Sorry, I should have been more specific with my language.

Shamus.... You will note the language in my original post to read "one in three residences in many areas across Canada are "grow operations". I didn't say one in three homes in Canada were grow ops... Don't freakin' misquote me Shamus! YOU end up lookin' stupid.

Tell you what Shamus.... You say that my comments are 'bullshit'... PROVE it! I posted a few links outlining how Canadians are spending millions of YOUR tax dollars on safe places for addicts to shoot heroin, billions of dollars on stolen goods (in just Ontario)... and on and on. Why don't you be your good patriotic Canadian self and show me how wrong I am! Show me that Canada isn't as messed up as I know it is. Make me a liar! (you won't... you can't!.... )

I dare ya! ....

NO... denial!

PS... as I was researching this topic I got angry. This topic of how messed up Canada is because of the drug trade just makes me disgusted and sick. It is such a beautiful place but I think it is next to impossible to live there and not be affected by this issue. What a messed up situation. Sorry if I took it out on ya Shamus. This isn't about YOU.... it's about the country's politics and laws.

• Satanus
    Satanus

*setting roach in ash tray*

*blowing away the smoke, so i can see the key board*

Nodenial

The article (found at http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/marijuana/grow_operations.html ) suggests there are 15,000 grow ops in Ontario alone most of which are in a rural setting. I believe that to be a light estimate.

One in three homes in some areas are grow operations? What a laugh. How many homes are there in ontario? You make it sound like drug use is responsible for bringing down the country, and that canada is down. The groove in your brain is easy to see.

S

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Satanus....

Well .. THAT was a compelling arguement!

Thanks for sharing!

• lawrence
    lawrence

NODenial-

First of all you sound like a retired crack head. Grow houses, 1 out of 3 - that is completely outlandish. Yes, get out of the ghetto, for alcohol is the drug of choice, and that's why thankfully alcohol is so expensive up here. Your arguments are all about exchange rates, money, and investments/retirements. You sound like a penny pincher who lives to get 3 cents extra on an exchange dollar. You must really be having fun drinking half gulped soda cans by the boats in St. John. I've seen you there before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit