3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down

4. Lacrosse is Canadian

5. Hockey is Canadian

6. Basketball is Canadian

7. Apple pie is Canadian

8. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass

9. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass

10. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans
    back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington,
    under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane and hammered
    all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and
    partied...Go figure..

11. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
    Germany.

12. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or
    withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.

13. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.

14. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American
    mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in
    time to get caught.

15. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

16. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and
    is still around as the worlds oldest company.

17. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in
    under 3 minutes.

18. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

19. We don't marry our kin-folk.

20. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin,
    zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each
    year.

21. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell
    about it.

22. A Canadian invented Superman.

23. We have colured money.

24. Our beer advertisments kick ass

BUT MOST IMPORTANT!

25. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with
    mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!

26. And we don't bomb our allies.

oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.
    Pass this on if you are proud to be Canadian!!!
    I AM CANADIAN!!!

• JH
    JH

and then there's me.

• Simon
    Simon

http://www.coolcanuckaward.ca/joe_canadian.htm

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
    I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
    and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
    although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a president.
    I speak English and French, not American.
    And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
    I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
    diversity, not assimilation,
    and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
    A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
    and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!
    The first nation of hockey!
    and the best part of North America

My name is Joe!!
    And I am Canadian!!!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Is this because were doing poorly in Athens...cross your fingers for the World Cup of Hockey

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I remember being about 9 and coming home from a vacation to California and having an awful head cold. When I was sick like that I always got smarties (colourful, fun, chocolate) to perk me up. Apparently I was miserable (alternating between crying, whining, sniffling, looking pathetic, etc.) from about Oregon to Bellingham (20 minutes from the Canadian border) where my parents stopped at Fred Meyer to find me some.

That was when I learned that the US doesn't *have* smarties (at least not as I know them). I was absolutely -crushed-.

Come to think of it, I'm going to have to stock up before I get married and move down there. *fears head cold season*

Oh, and on that list, I was gonna be all pious and say that I never did that freezing my tongue to a metal object, and then remembered doing that at about age 7. (FYI when a friend dares you to put your tongue on the frozen railroad track, say NO. OW!)

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

And also, we don't have to worry about all kind of exotic insects and viruses, because most of them won't survive our cold winter.

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

??!!

I'm a Canadian too... but I am a heck of a lot happier living in the USA! In fact... I'm only a few months away from getting my US citizenship.

Here's why:

• The US dollar is worth $1.30 Canadian
    • 401K retirement plans kick ass compared to Canadian RSPs
    • (IMHO) American culture us much more centered and grounded than Canadian culture. Canadians don't "say what they mean". You might have to think about that one for a while ... but it is true! (example: Canadians express how much they accept you by how intensely they sling insults at you. If a Canadian calls you a *&*^%#$!! SOB... you know that he is comfortable and relaxed with you - and you should take it as a compliment. That's messed up!!)
    • Statistic: one in three residences in many areas across Canada are "grow operations". (grow marijuana in their homes). This is true for most of Vancouver, BC; MANY localities across Ontario, Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta, and many areas in Quebec.
    • As a gesture of hospitality, many Canadians would offer you a joint as freely as a beer. Marijuana is not a socially offensive product in Canada. (I don't have too much of a problem with this... but read my next point:... )
    • The drug of choice across Canada in fact is NOT marijuana - it is crack-cocaine. This is because Canadian marijuana is so desireable around the world, that they are able to trade their marijuana pound for pound for cocaine if they smuggle it across the border into the USA. This is a HUGE issue in Canada. For those of you who understand addictions, you know how addictive cocaine can be. It is an 'emotional addiction' and can REALLY mess people up! Even though you may not be addicted yourself, the addicts 'spin' the people around them to support their addictions, and petty crimes, B&E, car thefts are out of control! It is my opinion that this is the single most serious issue in Canada today. Canadians are completely irrational in so many areas - not because they intend to be... but because they have learned bad behavior and are reacting to their social circle (many of whom they have no idea are addicts).
    • Canada's economy is depressed (compared to the USA) and has been this way for at least 25 years. The last time the Canadian dollar was worth more than the American dollar was 1967.

I am CERTAIN that this message is going to prompt some vehemently angry replys from my Canadian friends. Please understand: I am Canadian!!! I love YOU guys... BUT I am totally unimpressed with the country's society and politics. Please don't take it personal.

I have a question for you Canadians: If you were given an easy opportunity, would YOU immigrate to the USA?

If you find my comments offensive, you may find this website to be of interest: www.unitednorthamerica.org Just watch the introductory animation - you will see I am not alone in this opinion. For those of you who believe Canada has a bright future as an independant country... read this: "Finally, The End of Canada". http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=2383

NO.....denial!!

• avishai
    avishai

I love Canada. I love Canadians, But i love the three words Gene Simmons of Kiss said about Canada................................

.............................Ripe for invasion!!!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Having been born in Boston, lived in Florida and many other parts of the U.S. & Belize, I finally found freedom in Canada. It's so great to walk the streets at night, all hours, and see others (women and men without guns) digging the night.

NoDenial - the point about the plethora of crack heads is totally ludicrous. Where did you hang before you made the exodus to the land of the Rasta Hairians, the land of the chuckies?

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Lawrence...

If you don't know about the issue of crack use in Canada... I can only encourage you to get your head out of the sand. You say you are in Ontario... then open your eyes!

Durham Ontario Police (website: http://www.police.durham.on.ca/internet_explorer/whatsnew/whatsnew_view.asp?ID=1978 )

"Since the mid 1990?s, the city of Vancouver has experienced an epidemic of cocaine-related deaths exceeding that of Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle.

In Toronto, cocaine-related deaths tend to involve the use of other drugs as well, including heroin. On average, approximately 27 people die in cocaine-related deaths in Toronto each year.

In 2000, crack was second only to marihuana in drug seizures by Toronto police. The use of crack is more prevalent among street youth than adults, and it has been linked to violence, as users tend to become victimized, witness violence or harm others as a result of their involvement with crack cocaine. "

Per http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs3/3138/cocaine.htm

"In February 2001 the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) seized more than 2,500 kilograms of cocaine from a Canada-flagged tuna trawler transiting the Strait of Juan de Fuca off the coast of Washington. The cocaine was concealed in 101 bales, each weighing more than 20 kilograms. The bales were labeled azucar, the Spanish word for sugar."

The Canadian Center on Substance Abuse (CCSA) has something to say on this too: http://www.ccsa.ca/index.asp?ID=73&menu=&page=97&full=yes

"All available reports indicate that fewer than 5% of Grade 7-12 students have used cocaine in the past year (and fewer still report use of crack). However, rates increase through the high school years (e.g., 7% of Grade 11 students in Ontario report past-year use of cocaine). The prevalence of crack and cocaine use by street youth in various cities is much higher than student use, having been estimated at 31% for both crack and cocaine in Toronto (1992), 20% and 33%, respectively, in Halifax (1993), and 85% for cocaine in Vancouver (1994)."

So........HOW IS CANADA DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE??... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128483,00.html

Canada is coping with crack cocaine ( search ) use in a uniquely Canadian way of doing things. Some folks in Vancouver have demanded that the government fund crack houses.

Perhaps I should repeat that: Health Canada, the Canadian government?s health system, is being asked to open smoking rooms for crack addicts.

A Vancouver advocacy organization called The Rock Users Group claims that the crack houses are needed to make the streets safe for crack addicts. Says the leader of the group: ?Right now, on the street, if you?re carrying a pipe and you?re not smoking it, you get roughed up by the police. That shouldn?t happen.?

The government-run crack houses would provide a safe place to toke up and would distribute little crack kits to crack addicts that would include a pipe, five brass screens, two new mouthpieces, condoms and printed material on "safe" smoking techniques.

Canada already funds places where heroin addicts can shoot up. One so-called "safe-injection site" received a grant of $1.5 million from Health Canada and another $3.2 million from the provincial government.

The thinking is, if it?s good enough for smack addicts, why not a safe house for crack addicts? Says heroin addict Dean Wilson, "I think we should give the same courtesy to people who smoke rock [cocaine] as we did with the safe injection site."

Now there is my tax dollars hard at work!!

Dude......

... You couldn't PAY ME ENOUGH... to move back to Canada! It's messed UP!!!!

NO...denial!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit