Proud to be canadian!

by Nicolas 75 Replies latest jw friends

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Uzzah...

You know... I went out of my way on each of my messages to state very clearly that my comments are in no way attacks on individuals, yet for some reason they are interpreted as they are personal attacks. I was merely commenting on the social issues that face Canadians every day. They are serious and they impact the way I lived every day!

Many of you say that I gave no support of the issues that I mention... but I provided many links to support the comments. Did you read them?!

You can see why my name is NOdenial. After my experiences as a Dub, I am on a mission to open my eyes! To see what is painful to admit. To take action for my own life - even if it means discomfort for a period of time. As an MS... I contributed for many years to helping other Dubs keep their head in the sand. I THOUGHT that I was in a group of individuals that are just as fascinated with observing what we couldn't see for so many years (yet was brutally obvious). I am confident that each of you that posted on this board watch the news and read the newspapers. I am sure that you hear and saw the same reports that I have. When I lived in Canada... I learned to 'tune it out'. because it became the same ol' ... same ol'. "keep your eyes on the prize... the new system is coming" (LOL!)

Uzzah... I will go back to Canada whenever I freakin' want to... because I am a citizen - and I always will be (according to Canadian immigration law). It is my birthright. I don't have to LIKE Canadian culture or politics to have that right. However, today I choose to live in a society that provides me a greater level of peace and prosperity. The USA provides that.

How can you hold that against me?!

Oh.... and by the way... I have the right to say what I said and have the feelings that I do - regardless of which side of the border I live on. This discussion was never about SHAMUS, boa, Uzzah, lawrence, michael or any of the other people that found it appropriate to sling insults.

Grow up!!!

Live with it!

NO!!!... denial!

• micheal
    micheal
    Nodenial is on crack and glue

yes, yes he is - there's no denying it.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

One thing living in the US taught me was that an attack on my country is an attack against me.

You made very wide sweeping genrealizations that do not match up against facts. That may have been your personal experience living in that one area of one province of one city of one neighbourhood (get the picture) but that does NOT mean that is what makes up this country.

You brag about what the US affords you but I am as patriotic about my country as any american is about theirs. You attack my country, you attack me, despite any words you might use in your posts trying to pretend otherwise.

You hate the politics and culture of this country so much, stay away.

Uzzah

• codeblue
  • NOdenial
    NOdenial

........... sigh..............

........ you're right Uzzah.... it's alllllllllll about YOU!!!..........

Are you for real Uzzah??!! To talk about social issues and politics in your country of origin is a slam against YOU??! Is it possible for you to be any more EGOCENTRIC than this??!!

Holy crap Uzzah... Get real!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Thank you for ignoring this part:

You made very wide sweeping generalizations that do not match up against facts. That may have been your personal experience living in that one area of one province of one city of one neighbourhood (get the picture) but that does NOT mean that is what makes up this country.

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

??!! you couldn't be more ignorant of the topic could you!!?

The topic is Canadian pride. So let me make this simple for you:

"I"... "ME""... "PERSONALLY" ... for the sake of CLARITY FOR YOU: "NOT YOU!!"

"I" am NOT proud of being a Canadian for reasons relating to the culture and society in which I grew up (which spans the breadth of the continent). Now that is not a slam against YOU... (there's your egocentricism). It is a discussion on my experiences that affected my desire to live in that country, and the way "I" (there it is again.. NOT YOU!!) feel about my country of origin.

It is about MY Canadian pride... Go ahead and spew about your own level of pride without attacking mine!

sheesh!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

If you dislike this country so much {That's right YOU I am not talking about me) why not give up your citizenship?

If this is such a vile place why would you want to be associated with it. That is what pisses me off is people like YOU that piss on this country yet selfishly want to drain everything you can from it because it is your 'birthright.'

If you love the US so much become a citizen and give up your Cnaadian passport. Or are you just a little proud of your ancestry despite all of our problems?

Uzzah

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Immigration Emigration Contribution to
    population growth
    Sources: Beaujot and Rappak, 1988: 27; Statistics Canada, Annual Demographic Statistics, 1996: 62, 244, 247.
    1851-61 352,000 170,000 23.0%
    1861-71 260,000 410,000 -32.6%
    1871-81 350,000 404,000 - 8.5%
    1881-91 680,000 826,000 -28.7%
    1891-1901 250,000 380,000 -24.2%
    1901-11 1,550,000 740,000 44.1%
    1911-21 1,400,000 1,089,000 19.7%
    1921-31 1,200,000 970,000 14.5%
    1931-41 149,000 241,000 - 8.1%
    1941-51 548,000 379,000 7.9%
    1951-61 1,543,000 463,000 25.5%
    1961-71 1,429,000 707,000 21.7%
    1971-81 1,429,000 636,000 28.6%
    1981-91 1,381,000 490,000 27.7%
    1991-96 1,166,000 228,000 50.9%

It's not about meeeee, it's about the faaaacts!

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

.... and thus is exposed your ignorance....

Read the thread on page one. I have already said that I am only a couple of months away from my US Citizenship. I have my Legal Permanent Residency Status within the USA. At this time, I receive NOTHING from Canada... (do I have to spell that out for you Uzzah??... or do you understand the concept of nil?) In the eyes of the Canadian government, my US citizenship does not affect my Canadian citizenship. I retain my Canadian citizenship throughout my life. It cannot be recinded. It is my 'birthright' like I said earlier. If you don't like that arrangement ... then take it up with your rediculous government! It's their freakin' rules! And guess what...!!! When I retire... your government is gonna pay me my Canadian pension! LOL!!! I love it!! hahahhahaha

But for now... you can take great comfort, Uzzah, knowing that your hard earned tax dollars are not wasted on the likes of me.... you give your tax dollars to heroin houses and weak drug laws.

Enjoy!

In the meantime... I will earn 30% more money than you, pay just over half of what you pay in taxes, and continue to feel sorry for those like you that just don't get it!

LOL! laughin all the way to the bank.... on YOUR Canadian pride! LOL!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit