Would Anyone Really Notice If You Were Gone???????

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

my dog and the banker

carmel

• Sassy
    Sassy

I miss a lot of people when they don't post or come into chat......

Stinky.. I did miss you when you weren't on here.. I enjoyed your posts when I first joined JWD and missed you when you left..

Logi.. I know you don't post very much but I do get to see you in chat often..

Actually I guess I know that I would be noticably 'absent' if I went somewhere or stopped coming online..

but it is still nice to be told so

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

hey JH, welcome to the almost-never-gets-a-PM club...LOL

Dan, boo-hoo-I'll-never-be-popular class

*looks for razor blade*

• wednesday
    wednesday

my children and grandchildren and a few select extended family members. I still have ties with 2 jws familes, and they would miss me. My husband would miss me quite a bit. I even have a couple of docs who i have been seeing for many years who really would miss me. My parents are gone, so i miss them. A few people online would miss my presence, but just a few. I am still hoping to do something that will benefit mankind and leave a small mark that shows i was here.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I "miss" everyone I've ever known well who dies. They can be gone for years and they are still "missed" because they are no longer part of our reality. Once someone "touches" our lives, they leave a permanent mark, and whether we particularly liked or enjoyed them or not, we "miss" their existence, and I really think most people are the same way. So we don't have to be exceptionally popular to be missed.

We don't expect our parents to live all of our adult lives, and yet once they're gone, something, someone, is missing, even if we may be "over" the sadness of the loss for the most part. And of course no one ever gets over the loss of a child or close sibling, I don't believe.

If you're talking about being missed from a discussion board, sure, people are missed, partly because we can still read what they have "said" in their existing posts, which serve as reminders. Again, people are what life is about, so yes, members of this forum are missed when they go away. I miss some people when they're gone for one day! But of course I still make it through the day!

So I guess I miss a lot of people! But not in a morbid, life-interfering sort of way.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    no

Frannie Banannie, I don't agree with you. I know you would be missed.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    Did anyone notice here in the board that I haven't been posting for a few days?

Sunshine, did you have the baby??

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

On here LOL NO

• Netty
    Netty

Yes, i have kids and a robocop who has a fit if i am out of his site for more than five minutes

Stefanie, me too! I call him robocop too!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

((((Netty)))

Girl lets PM!

Just by what you said, I already know we have tons in common!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit