Would Anyone Really Notice If You Were Gone???????

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What do ya think??

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

From JWD or IRL?

• blondie
    blondie

Unfortunately, yes, but not for any loving reasons.

1. Someone to gossip about and entertain friends and family

2. Someone to talk about and be better than

3. Someone to talk about and find a way to get even

Blondie

• rocketman
    rocketman

You mean dead, or just gone from here?

Oh heck, nobody would notice either way.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Oh, who am I kidding? I doubt my absence would be noted in either case by more than a handful. The online portion of the handful would most likely note the absence, possibly send me a pm or email, then be over it. Those IRL would surely know what happened to me.. if I suddenly stopped showing up for work or didn't answer my phone. I am "real" to them, but I doubt my being gone would be a huge loss to anyone outside of Jon.

Oh well..

• minimus
    minimus

Think about it-----have you left any sort of mark that people can remember?? Heck, even Hitler left some sort of mark.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Yeah, lots of people would miss me terribly.

Just because family is JW and shunning you doesn't mean they aren't affected by your existence. Even when you feel disconnected, you're really a lot more connected than you think you are. Usually.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    have you left any sort of mark that people can remember??

Hitler left a huge "mark" and was known to the entire world..

What group of "people" do you mean? The world? And for how long? After our deaths, we'll all be remember by those we love. Are you meaning a historical "mark"?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't think I would be missed very much until my rent came due... then some poor soul will have to clean up what?s left of me.

This is also a down side of doing contract work... if you don't show up at work they pretty much assume that you found another gig and think nothing more of it.

There is also they way I (and many other people) am starting to setup more and more of my bills to auto-pay every month... just imagine... in theory my body could sit rotting in my apartment months until all of my money ran out.

• minimus
    minimus

People would be looking "elsewhere".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit