Into the mystic (an experience).

by El blanko 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:"Let us pretend our love is imaginary!" But then he has a sardonic turn of mind... a stout, warm heart and a tongue you could shave a porcupine with.

Interesting. I think I'd say the same thing (if I had the skillz to turn such a phrase) about Gently Feral.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

btw, LT, please reread Narkissos. Then meditate, and I mean that in the most "JW" sense of the word, lol. :-D

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The label "supernatural" is just a word for a very natural process. that we lack sufficient means to fully understand.

• chappy
    chappy

Question for littleToe. I've had simlar experiences, most of which there is really no way to explain without sounding like an idiot. The first was the answer to a question that I had after leaving the WT. I really wanted to know if Millions of people were doomed. I got my answer in a simple dream. I won't even try to explain it as it was so simple as to sound rediculous to anyone else.

My question to you is have you ever experienced a strange connection to countless other people at the same time? I don't necessarilly mean people you know personally, just countless "others." It's like every move that you make, be it getting up from a chair, getting a drink of water, turning on the TV, blinking, everything you did was being done at the exact same time as the others. No way to explain how I knew/felt it, I just did. It was like being physically connected to them all. This wasn't a passing whim, it was profound!

chappy

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Skeptics have the exact same experiences and the exact same feelings that go along with them. You are not *special* just because you believe the experiences are supernatural - just naive. ;)

I like the "open-minded" language that believers use: They *know* these forces exist. I guess their minds are not open to more prosaic explanations. Somehow someone who expects evidence for extraordinary claims is closed-minded. I just have to laugh. :D

Care to share some of these "prosaic" explanations, REM? Why don't you enlighten us?

I, like Dolph, LT, El Blanko, Sirona and others have had these experiences. I still have them. I won't bore you with all the things that I have encountered and experienced. You don't agree with our explanation for it so, if you have a "scientific" explanation, I would love to hear it.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    a sardonic turn of mind... a stout, warm heart and a tongue you could shave a porcupine with.
    Interesting. I think I'd say the same thing (if I had the skillz to turn such a phrase) about Gently Feral.

Why, Six... I am most incredibly flattered. How sweet of you to notice!

gently feral
    (exit gloating)

• El blanko
    El blanko
    El Blanko:
    See what I mean?

Yep - I never expected much input on the thread and am pleasantly surprised. Thank-you everybody for your shared experiences, this has been an interesting read and I hope other threads appear of this nature.

I am sorry for not replying individually, I was rather busy yesterday evening.

I may use a few of the thoughts with a friend, I hope you don't mind.

REM:

Thank-you for your input as well, I too have a skeptic sitting within my mind and it is good to challenge and attempt to rationalize experiences, even though at times there is no obvious explanation within the objective world of thought.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:I have done. I'm still seeking rational explanations for everything, as you well know. If you think I'm merely trudging out the same old stuff, feel free to point it out, beyond merely quiping out a few one-liners...

Mega:Agreed.

Chappy:Yes, I've had such experiences.
    911 tore me into pieces

Rodbar:He's alluded to such things before, but never really gets down to expressing them. You'll recall the "ghost" threads of last year (?).

I don't doubt that many things of yesteryear now have "rational" explanations. I hope that progress continues so that the "god of the gaps" continues to get smaller. Nonetheless, there are things that occur which are outside the realms of current science. Whilst attitudes prevail to merely mock such things, I suspect little progress will be made in explaining them.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Whatever our experiences may be, the best we can do is relate circumstances and effects; there is no way that we can share the "essence" of the experience.

For examples: Define "love," define "red," define "the sound of a song-bird."

You can't.

All you can do is say: "This is how I show love," "that wall looks red, to me" (even as your companion says, "no, that's pink, you bespectacled dufus"), etc.

And if an angel from God, or God Itself, came down right now and stood in front of me, and gave me marvelous revelations about the universe and the purpose for mankind--how in the world could I possibly convince anyone that my experience was so convincing that they should accept it as their own?

Can't be done, unless I happened to have a gullible audience.

Respectfully,

Craig

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Sunny:
    Funny thing is, I was just wondering where he'd got to, very recently. You'll find a comment to this effect on a recent post of mine

It seems that the "mystical" is too "unreliable" for the skeptics, to quantify, so they continue to mock.
    I wonder what will eventually displace them, and show them disdain for being such an impedance to human evolution? Strangely enough they have replaced the religious elitists, of yesteryear, who used to do the same thing about ideas that seemed silly to them, and whom the skeptics disdain.

Ross, well put. But, you know what "they" say: "where there is life, there is hope!"

Ter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit